backpacks vanish from screen

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zinth, May 2, 2021.

1. Zinth Augur

when I open my backpacks on me and in bank they begin to vanish as I try to open all of them so I can sort my stuff... guess EQ can't handle all the juicy loot in my bank, but it is still annoying that like 8-10 of em vanish as I open the last tab in bank...
    Fenthen and Svann2 like this.
  2. Moege Augur

Know problem, EQ only has so many icons it can display go over that limit and some vanish.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

That bug has been in game for years, maybe decades.
  4. Zinth Augur

about time they fix it then...
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

6. Soulbanshee Augur

EQ is 32-bit, they straight up cannot address enough memory to display that much, which is why they resisted big bags for years and are hesitant about giving us anything bigger than what we have access to now. The fix would be re-writing the client as 64-bit which is almost nonexistent chance of happening,
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Zinth Augur

well they will be forced to it since Microsoft is dumping 32bit just like everyone else is ;-) just a question about time.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"But to all the people who are playing on 32 bit systems, here's your fair warning now, please go to a 64 bit system."
    "I don't know when it's going to happen but eventually it will." - JChan

From 1h37m28s in response to a question about 64-bit by Beimeith

Svann2 likes this.
  9. Zinth Augur

and that there is the problem... "we want to, but we ain't got no plans", so lets wait til we are forced to so we have to rush it...
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

They don't know how to. The dev team is mainly limited to profit-generating ventures, not bug fixes. If it doesn't break the game then it's super low on the priority list, and at this point will probably never receive attention.