Back After So long. My Adventure!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by LadyKagan, Feb 13, 2022.

1. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Day 15

Nothing really special happening today. Well I should say, it's alot of grinding up levels in crafting and crossing my eyes as I figure out where to get some materials!

- First, fish eggs to make fish oil. Need to get Fishing at least 135 to take specific fish and cut them for their eggs.
    - Working on Forage and Alcohol Tolerance as I fish
    - I admit, I got a Krono and sold it so I could get The Bone Rod .. an unbreakable fishing rod!
    -- I THREW AWAY THE SKINNING KNIFE I JUST MADE %^$&%^$&^$^
    -- I did learn I could pick up items I dropped (I didn't know/forgot that) but alas, it wasn't on the ground anymore (must be a timer)
    - Got some fish eggs, so now a raw-hide gorget. Looks like I have to farm gnolls for it in the Moors.
    -- Was given a tip to try the orcs in South Ro, and got one!

Okay! Got the Tailor Trophy done!

Now, let's check out what this armor is I can make with all these Blightfire Patterns I've been finding.
    - We need to find Kimem Saydel in Crescent Reach.
    -- Okay so, I can only do one pattern at a time, and I can't have the materials beforehand as I have to collect it to count. Same with the pattern. UGH
    -- EDIT: Take the quest first, THEN you can buy any materials you need off merchants.
    -- Looks like the best way to get the patterns is by killing named/rare creatures.
    -- I'll be doing these occasionally, so got a checklist below when I got it:

Necromancers:
    (X)Twisted Cloth Cap
    (X)Twisted Cloth Gloves
    ()Twisted Cloth Pants
    (X)Twisted Cloth Robe
    (X)Twisted Cloth Sandals
    (X)Twisted Cloth Sleeves
    (X)Twisted Cloth Wristband (you can have 2)

-Spent about an hour rearranging all the crap in my bank. The colored traders bags I can use are a god send!
    -Went back to collecting materials to make the bag for Dorina.
    -- Stuck on figuing out how to get the materials for a sewing needle ... especially in Surefall Glade. *sigh* NM they like me there!
    code-zero and Shaiken like this.
  2. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Day 16

Still trying to make Dorina's gift bag ... #&*$. Failing alot, so going to keep trying while I do some other things.

- Made myself another character to Barter/Sell in Bazaar (Wuerian). Want to see how that will go!

- Going to check out the quest Research Aid that Fluid told me about.
    -- Scratch that, I'm doing Evil Research!! I can get some Neriak faction through it XD MWAHAHAHA!

Trying out the first few steps of my Necro 1.0 Epic!

- Oof, nearly died while killing the PHs for Motte. Stupid guards.
    -- Tried in East Freeport, but all I did was anger alot of people. So going to try near West Karana in Qeynos Hills.
    -- The easiest was finding him in the Inn in the Mountains of Rathe. No issue, 3rd spawn!
    - For the next part, I bought the Flowing Black Robe off the bazaar to speed up this section.
    -- Weee moving through the next few parts easily enough!

Gonna have to get myself to level 60 at least before doing the next part (I'm pretty much soloing now)

What should I do now ... hm. I do have alot of materials, and I got my Baking trophy, so let's see what I can make!
    - TFW you want to make a Filleting knife .. and make a dairy spoon instead. WTF???
    -- 100 Baking!
    -- My Baking Trophy evolved!!!
    -- 150 Baking!
    -- Got to 191 Baking!!!

Now to finish the Brewing trophy!
    - The royal jelly was the most annoying thing to get, since I couldn't buy it. Had to kill wasps for it.
    -- Done!
  3. Grove Augur

" TFW you want to make a Filleting knife .. and make a dairy spoon instead. WTF???"

Three metal bits and you get a Filleting Knife. Two metal bits and you get a Dairy Spoon
    Keep the spoon. You will need it.
    LadyKagan likes this.
  4. Sotu Sotu Journeyman

You'll want to do the Necro Epic 1.0 around these levels, or go skip to Epic 1.5 and then 2.0 and 2.5 around level 70 to 80-ish. The effect on the Epics have been nerfed to not work on higher level spells, ... starts above 80 and then no effect by level 100.

I'm above 77 now and haven't bothered to try doing our epics, but I'll probably do it anyway just for the ornament.

What I am wondering is what items would be good to replace our epics above level 100. I guess any that has better stats would work.
  5. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Crud. Lost all I did on Day 17, but as a TLDR ..

- Failed the bag again.
    - Leveled Tailoring a bit, but found out I need 170 Trivial
    - Worked now on another's quest for love. Cirdiona or something ...
    - Tried the 14th Annoversary quest to help Sheriff Botter figure out why there are undead ogres at the gates of Ak'anon. Then found out can't do the next part because not in a group.

And now we're here!

As a heads up, I won't be around a few days as I have surgery coming up. But I'll be back soon after!

Pretty much the same for me. As I said before, I'll always try somethng at least once!
  6. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Hiya folks! I hope you are all doing well.

Surgery went well so I'm at home recovering. Sitting at the pc takes alot of effort and is a bit painful, so I can't do much questing right now.

I have been working on leveling up Fishing and Baking with the bit of time I get on the pc. And got my sister hooked again to the game!
    Kialya, Fluid and Rondor like this.
  7. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Day 18

Here are the things I worked on while I healed up after my surgery!

- Got Brewing to 135!
    -- Brewer Trophy evolved!

- Got Baking to 269!
    -- Made my first nice stat food, Beer-Battered Tuna Rolls! http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=10348&menustr=035000000000
    -- My Baking Trophy is evolving! Is it a Pokemon??

- Got Fishing to 170!
    -- Did lots of Fishing for saltwater tuna and crab so I can level my Baking more.
    -- Fished up Kuttin's key ... that's new. Seems I give this to a dwarf on the boat. Back in the day, the reward used to be stackable, but was changed to Lore. But that's fine. I just destroy it (which is a transformation into troll illusion potion) and give over another key!)

- Got Foraging to 50!
    -- Gotta hit level 60 before I can raise the cap.

- Got Begging to 221!

- Got Alcohol Tolerance to 146!
    -- Brandy is brutal. But it keeps my AT always leveling!

I want to give thanks to Donotdelete and their main, for trying to help me get some Coarse Salt. I didn't have the expansion to telleport to, but they bought some and put it on the Bazaar (400 of them!) and I snagged it up!

+++ If you're looking for some cheap stat foods on Xegony, please check out my Merchant, Wuerian in the Bazaar! +++
    code-zero and Flatchy like this.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

I liked the shameless plug , so what server are you on. If you say Bristlebane I will come visit your mule. :)
    LadyKagan likes this.
  9. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Aw no, I'm on Xegony. But thanks for the reply! And I like your signature pic! XD
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

This thread is so awesome! Keep it coming.

My suggestion would be, on the forums, go into your profile settings - avatar and set it to necro. So everyone knows you're the best, and my old eyes can see it better.
    LadyKagan likes this.
  11. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Day 19

- Time to work on Pottery! Need to make a Smoker in order to level my Baking more. Might as well get the pottery trophy while I'm at it.
    -- I need to L2R as I didn't fire any of the dang things I made. ROFL

- As for Baking, it seems the best food on Live servers are what is sold on the Loyalty vendors :( I guess I'll use what I make if they don't sell well.
    -- I want to thank Mobutu for steering me towards what I would call a quicker Tradeskill guide made in 2021 https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Gotcharms's_tradeskill_guide I'm taking a look through it to see if I can make my trip through TS easier.
    -- I'm off to have some food as I prepare 1k Dream Meat!

Got myself to 299/300 for Baking! Now to read up on how to get 300-350 through this page: http://bonzz.com/350.htm
    - I went to the Abysmal Sea to see if I could get the recipes there. Seems I still have to help the NPCs (even though I am above 54 Baking) in order to get the recipes I need in my list. Time to make 100 of things!
    (X) 100 Ordin's Oatmeal
    (X) 100 Wayfarer Muffins
    (X) 100 Wayfarer Pie
    (X) 100 Wayfarer Pastry
    - Got the 8 recipies for Baking now!

- Worked more on the Twisted Armor set. Got all but the pants!

My next focus is to level my Tailoring so I can make that bag for Dorina. Let's gooooo!!!!
    - Tailoring hit 100!
  12. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Hi there folks! Just a little update to let you know I'm still around.

On the EQ front, my sister and I are excited to try out the newest TLP servers in May! Still not totally sure what we'll play, but I might do a Rogue there.

For Sonthiela, the focus is on leveling crafting, and getting my Throwing skill to max. I'm taking the Baking to 350 very slowly. I found some info and made a spreadsheet so I can see what I still need to make.

Many recipies need Foraged items, so I made an alt Wood Elf Ranger to help with that! And my sister has an Iksar I can bug for any Foraged items in that zone.

What else .... had to make an alt to hold all my Baking materials, as it was getting to many for my bank to hold. Did the same for Tailoring.

Hope you had a great Easter! And if you didn't celebrate that, hope you have a great day!
    Grove likes this.
  13. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Greetings!

Been a while but wanted to give an update on things.

Sadly I was unable to purchase All Access for the new TLP servers due to major money limitations these past 2 months. A shame as I wanted to see what they were like, but it is what it is. That and my pc's main hard drive died and had to get a new one. It has messed up many of my games and files, so even reinstalling games has taken alot out of me (I lost alot of data and much I had to start over).

I do still have Sonthiela, though I am wondering if I can still play how I was doing before without the extra perks I had. Does anyone know if you can get those Perks withough having to buy All Access as well?

I've been playing FF14 now with the new expansion (as that game does need a sub all the time). Though I do think and plan on when I can come back to EQ!

Wishing you all happy days and nice weather this summer!
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Sorry to hear about your back luck. Now, while its fresh in your mind you might want to back up stuff to cloud accounts or even usb sticks. Either are cheap and will help you recover in the future.

No, the perks are only available for All Access accounts.

But really, there is no reason not to keep playing on live servers as F2P (free to play) and you can still level up quite a ways and do tons of other things. Then when finances change you can go paid on that account and use it to make the other character over on the TLP
    LadyKagan likes this.
  15. Annastasya Augur

in many cities and hub zones (like Crescent Reach and Plane of Knowledge) you can hit CONTROL+F to bring up the FIND window. This will help you find many important NPCs and Zone connections.
    LadyKagan likes this.
  16. LadyKagan Lorekeeper

Hey folks! Looks like this is where I will be stopping this journey.

Since I am unable to get All Acces and the perks I had before, I am locked out of 2 of the bags I had which have the necessary items to continue quests. I also lost the one merc I had been using since I lost that extra slot, as well as the extra characters I had to store materials.

Was a fun journey. I hope this gets you just as interested as I was in the beginning!
    code-zero and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. Grove Augur

Sad to see this point in the story. Hope omens will be better for your return in the near future.
  18. Annastasya Augur

i don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, (probably) but read the descriptions in Dorina and Ciodaru's tradeskill quests *carefully*. Same with Tudor's drinks. If you gather the materials, you can hand the items to one of the npc's near the quest giver and they will make the item for you.

This is probably the best way to do it, because some of Tudor's drinks for example have a very high skill requirement, like mid to high 200s in brewing i think, and some of the same trinkets in these quests have similar requirements. The game devs should really change all the recipes in the Goru`kar Mesa quests (aimed at level 35-50ish toons) to something reasonable, like a skill of 50.
  19. Shillingworth Augur

If you have the bags and can't open them. Pick them up and ctrl-click them onto any bag with space, can repeat to completely empty it into smaller bags if need be.