Back after 12 years and I've got questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bret with 1 t, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Bret with 1 t New Member

Signed up with a All Access account before trying to recover my old one so the questions apply to the legacy account (Silver) on the Erollissi Marr server.

1. Tried to reclaim some Bayle Marks with the Alt Currency tab, but the reclaim button does nothing. I can't see how to reclaim my 5000+ rewards tokens either.

2. I was never a gamer and in around 5 years never got a character above 37.
    a. Are there any guilds for casual players like me (I'm 47 now and can't spend 2-3 hours straight on the computer).
    b. Where does everyone go? I constantly see young characters in Gloomingdeep and Crescent Reach, but some of my 20s and 30s leveling haunts are empty (Paludal Recondites, Marus Seru, etc.).

3. What the heck happened to Freeport? When they went to 2 zones, they made the nights there seem as gloomy as Oggok.
    Magicianshaman likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 - I believe you have to put the currency on your cursor then hit reclaim. The 5000 rewards are what I assume you mean loyalty tokens? Those you redeem at the loyalty merchant, there is one in pok by the cresent reach stone and one in sunrise hills right off the top of my head. You look at what they have to offer and just hit the buy button, like a regular merchant only they take your tokens. You don''t have to redeem the loyalty ones to use them. You will gain 60 loyalty tokens a week as a grandfathered silver if your not paying for that account. If you start to pay for it you will get 120/week.
    #2- you would need to ask in your chat on your server about the guild situation. Good thing about the grandfathered silver account is that you can be in general chat like a pay account. Free accounts are restricted to newplayer chat and pay accounts are not allowed in newplayer chat.
    B) most folk follow the quest line for hero's journey or go to mesa, steppes, maybe do the daily tasks that start at level 20 from Franklin Teek outside the guild lobby.
    There is a ton of new stuff so I would suggest that you use your search engine (ie google) and type what you want to know in there. Most all the returning players have same questions so you will find boards and conversations with good info in them.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

There are family guilds on most severs that would be happy to have you.

Low levels go by very quickly now, partly through Hero's Journey zones as above, and partly from following the hot zones with the daily quests. Crescent Reach, Blightfire Moors, Goru'kar Mesa, and so on are the primary zones for 1 - 40, with the hot zones being more important higher. See Franklin Teek in PoK to find out which zones are these and to collect the quests that give most of the hot zone experience.

Freeport was broken by the zone revamp to make it look more like the EQ2 Freeport, unfortunately. This took place around the time that the Prophecy of Ro expansion was released, as Freeport is one of the entry zones for it.
  4. Enigman New Member

To the first question, the process is more involved than it should be. As I am currently having problems logging in, I will be going by memory, but hopefully it is close enough to what you will see that you can fill in the rest.

You open the tab in your Inventory window that shows alternate currency, click on the option to show currency you do not currently have, then click on the Bayle Mark line to highlight it. At that point, you could be able to Reclaim your Bayle Marks.

There are a couple other currency types that act in the non intuitive fashion, where you have to show the type of currency you do not have and highlight the line before you can reclaim those currencies.
  5. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

For a guild on Erollisi Marr, I would suggest Fellowship of Justice. In game, do a /who all Justice and you'll find people in the guild. Send anybody a tell asking if they're an officer. If they say yes, ask for and invite, if they say no, ask if any officers are online.
  6. Bret with 1 t New Member

Thanks for the response folks. I first logged a few months before Luclin went live and quit some time in 2005. It was strange revisiting old zones and cities on Antonica, Feydwer and Luclin and finding them devoid of PCs. While doing an armor quest from Castlen Drewe I went through the Commons tunnel (which I still remember brimming over with players) and seeing the grotto in the center and going, "oh yeah". Once I got into N. Ro and saw Fenin Ro's avatar, I thought, "WTF!" and the same in Oasis when I saw frau Marr (pbuh). Haven't done any anniversary quests, but I will say this - Free Beer!!!

Enigman - thanks, that worked perfectly. Bayle Marks only seem worth having if I'm going to just have my merc hanging around while traveling. Otherwise the drops seem to give more than enough to pay for having one for all molo combat.

Catspaws - Yes, Loyalty tokens. I went to Alerynril and redeemd ~480 of them for a boss earring for my Mage... and then couldn't equip it because I didn't check the required level (of 80) {grumble}. Maybe I'll buy a house and some nice aqueducts.

Borek-VS/Catspaws - Thanks for that. I looked over the Hero's Journey quests and will go back and do some for my 27-38 legacy toons just to do them. Currently have my upper 30s moloing Pewdri's relic quest at the Moors ogre tower. That should get them to 40.

Onhanis - Thanks for that invite. Two of my 5 legacies are showing guilds, and one possibly might be Fellowship of Justice. Was it around back in '03 or '04? Will follow up next time I'm logged in.

One more question - how the heck do I crouch down? Had an Ogre back in the day and I remember her being able to "crouch" in order to move through parts of Upper Guk. Had an Erudite try and go into a Dwarf building in Butcher the other night and couldn't figure it out. The "/duck" didn't seem to do anything. Am I missing something?
  7. Rhodz Augur

x = duck
    Also best for interrupting a casting miscue

Any time you cant remember a hot key go into options-keys they are all listed there IIRC
  8. Bret with 1 t New Member

9. Bret with 1 t New Member

Just want to verify two things.

1. Wolf form no longer KoS by guards on Luclin, etc.
    2. Are corpse recoveries a thing of the past?
  10. Rhodz Augur

2. Yes
    1. Dunno try it and let know?
  11. beryon Augur

You now spawn with all your gear & plat, and you can summon your corpse to the Guild Lobby for rezzes, so retrieving your corpse isn't as important as it used to be. Summoning costs plat though, so you can save plat by running back and rezzing there if your corpse is easily accessible.
  12. Platrat Journeyman

If you are just traveling\AFKing with your Merc, set them to passive. You will get charged for your current cycle, but they waive the fees for the next ones till you take them out of passive.

Also check /barter before you sell stuff to a merchant. And setup a trader when you log off. You may be surprised what people pay for your trade skill drops...

With the low level exp bonuses, you will fly up to level 70 before you know it... since you have a legacy account, you also have some nice Veteran Reward AAs for you to look into.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Bret with 1 t New Member

It's been nearly three months and I'm still getting used to the game as it is now. My legacy Druid got killed two or three times around level 40 and I figured it was time for her to even stop trying to melee... then I checked her gear. It was good stuff, for Luclin era. Her platinum armband was a hot item in 2003, but it doesn't even have an AC stat! Currently upgrading to Defiant.

Given what I remember about leveling in the old days, sometimes it feels like cheating. Took my 32 Shaman to Dawnshroud and molo'd using my legacy buffs, steadfast servant and potion of adventure and took her to 34 in about 45 minutes. :cool:
  14. Platrat Journeyman

Look at what is available in /claim for your character. Is one for a box with some defiant armor and a weapon which you get once per character. Just watch because some of the claims are once per account, with no way to transfer it to a different character.

And yes, the early levels really fly. The huge XP bonus starts dwindling in the 70s though...
  15. Stune Augur

You can cheat even further, do heroics and AA's then go backwards :)