Awesome Expansion Announcement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duhbeast, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Duhbeast Augur

The switcharoo from campaign to full expansion is pretty awesome. I wonder if they flipped some of that TLP money and put it into their first expansion as a new company. They know it will have a big impact on the years to come, considering we have lacked content in TDS. Please stop with the cynical gloom and doom from the same people who probably hardly play the game, and let the devs do their jobs. I will for sure be there for the twitch announcement on the 1st of October. Lets get hyped and get all these old retired folks to come back and join the new adventure that awaits!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

Doubtful that TLP money would have had such an immediate impact, the next expansion/campaign/campansion will be more telling if there is a meaningful impact on the EQ team due to TLP rather than the money being funneled elsewhere. I am actually semi-excited about the announcement and looking forward to the details.
  3. smash Augur

Sounds good, but depend on number of zones too.
  4. Rhodz Augur

ra-ra go team...

Naw I got some folks to come back for the TLP, I aint doing that again. Sure it aint my fault things were such a mess but ya know how that works out and they didnt even have to buy a Xpak.
  5. TibalMurphy Elder

I'm just looking forward to nerfs.

P.S. can beastlord PLEASE for the love of all that is holy mass buff Fero!!!!
  6. Silv Augur

Tinfoil hat: They always planned to release a full expansion but just told us otherwise in case they got bogged down in TLP and/or to make everyone more excited when they switched it back up!

/conspiracy on
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Antisilv sighting incoming? :)
  8. Endless Augur

Honestly, I have to wonder if they just pumped up Hate and Fear with minimum effort/resources/time, added it to the campaign and are now calling it an expansion. What I get is Fear/Hate is just the same zone, but for higher levels. If that is one of the "big draws" for this expansion, I am pretty sad. Pumping up levels for a zone we already have should not be expansion worthy. I want to see actual information about the expansion. I haven't seen anything except for words and that I can pre-order it in a couple weeks. Still flying blind here.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

The new and enhanced versions of Hate and Fear (again) are probably for all the people who enjoyed the recycling of the Velious zones for RoF and NToV, plus the folks on the boards who have been vocal about how much they miss trash clears for raiding. The "level agnostic" aspect is probably so that pretty much everybody who is currently playing can partake of the nostalgia raiding.
  10. Viper1 Augur

Really not sure what more "information" they could give you other than your own personal guided tour of the studio and a private play session all to yourself. A level appropriate pohate and pofear raid sounds effin awesome! How are you not excited for that? My gawd, you people are so darn needy its ridiculous.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

The facts are TDS had 7 raids and the new expansion will have 15+ the 2 or possibly the 15 includes the 2 revamped raid zones. For me, that is enough spark to get the fire stoked on Oct 1st when more information will be available.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  12. Crystilla Augur

The good news, dear blind sir, is in their 'first' post about the expansion they stated a full reveal will take place October 1. This post wasn't supposed to be the 'full reveal'. So soon you'll know.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've gone from dubious to apprehensive. The last few expansions severely dented my trust in EQ, I want to believe in Holly, but still finding it hard. I want to believe we have gone back to expansions of old!

We will see when Beta starts, how good it is.

I'm away with work on the 1st October, but no doubt by the time I return on 5th October beta would have started. I've decided laptop is coming with me! At least then I can sign up while I'm away, even if hotel WiFi isn't good enough to play EQ.

Even if this expansion isn't for me I've still got Lockjaw to keep me out of mischief. :) 14 years straight and still not a quitter!
  14. Mluian Journeyman

I'm not thrilled about the terminology change. Campaign meant DBG sells you a partial expansion now and another partial expansion later. Each campaign had to be complete enough to convince us to buy it. I'm just hoping we don't get another full expansion bill with a tiered release plan (which is essentially campaigns which we pay for multiple up front).
  15. Quench New Member

Its a nice try to have a good feeling about the expansion thread but you see what happens to that . Its the same old people doom and gloom, everything is some odd plot, unreal
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Exactly

[IMG]
  17. Silv Augur

Maybe they shouldn't have included a bunch of news about nerfs in the same thread as the expansion? Just a thought.