Autosplit

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by urbanbo70, Jul 8, 2019.

1. urbanbo70 Elder

Can the default setting for this be turned on in a group instead of master looter. Most of the time people are defaulted the lead without even knowing it and then do not know how to turn it on. I have been guilty of it myself. Just seems to make more sense if it was defaulted on.
    LDEffectsMe likes this.
  2. LDEffectsMe Augur

Now that coins don't weigh anything, autosplit should just be on and it shouldn't even be able to be toggled off these days. The only purpose of having it off was to not encumber monks back in the day.
  3. Trox2010 Augur

^ This
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

This seems like an easy fix and would make sense. I've never seen a time when split should be turned off.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Counter point: As a boxer I don't want my coin spread across 5 toons. At least leave me the option of turning it off.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Parry: This is a true box server and you may have just incriminated yourself.
  7. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Ummm, I need Plat on all my boxes so I can buy rez stones in the lobby. The real counterpoint is master looter in raids getting all that cheddar for guild banners.
  8. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Also worth noting, just because this request is in the TLP subforum doesn't mean the change would only necessarily apply to TLPs. I would suspect changing the default would apply to all servers, so whether or not this person boxes legitimately is an irrelevant question.

Not that people making requests for changes to core mechanics on TLP servers consider the ramifications of what they would do to Live servers.

Not that this isn't a valid request and one I agree with.
  9. Ceffener Augur

/autosplit
    Yinla likes this.
  10. LDEffectsMe Augur

Opinion: EQ shouldn't be designed around boxers. Either deal with trading the coin at the end of play sessions or don't box.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

No need for it to impact boxers, just set it to on by default but still leave the option to turn it off.

There are a LOT of new or returning players on the TLPs that don't even know about stuff like advloot let alone autosplit, it's always seemed silly to me to have it off by default.
    BlueberryWerewolf likes this.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I agree, autosplit should be on by default.

This issue has been added to the official Daybreak Games Community Issue Tracker for EverQuest:

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2043

I urge everyone to log in and vote for this. :)
    potatoface likes this.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Most of the time? Don't be bad. Problem solved.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

You can also /split coin with your group very easily. This isn't very useful I guess anymore but it pretty much solves the problem of a boxer wanting to give his toons coin.

Meanwhile, every new tlp people across norrath have to turn on autoaplit. Nobody wants it off... not even monks.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Don't be absurd. Something that has worked fine for as long as the game has existed doesn't need to be changed just to (very) slightly inconvenience boxers. This level of boxer hate is ridiculous.
  16. Cezz Journeyman

The game splits coins pretty strangely. At low levels especially it seems more fair to have a masterlooter if possible. Definitely wouldn't want them to remove this altogether. But the default should be changed.
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Yes please.
  18. Nolrog Augur

Did they fix autosplit so that it splits more fairly now? In the past, if you had a group of 6 and say, 11 plat dropped, one person would get 6 plat and the other 5 would get 1 each or something screwy like that.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not only banners but to help pay for raid gear that is made with crafted/purchased parts such as most visible armor in later expansions and a lot of crafted items in the current one.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Huh? How does True Box have to do with what I said? Yes, I True Box. Yes, I want to loot coin only on my main PC's character. Or am I missing something? A joke, maybe?