autogrant aa start expansion?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Sep 28, 2017.

1. taliefer Augur

at the risk of having all AA taken away by asking this question, when is autogranting of AA supposed to start?

seems like it should have started on phinny already, the level 70 era is where it starts to become daunting to start new, or even rolling alts due to the aa required.
  2. Machentoo Augur

It is 4 aa granting expansions after the expansion that is autogranted. So, Lulin is granted in DODH (Luclin, PoP, Gates, OoW, DoDH.) PoP will be granted in TSS. And so on.
    snailish likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

Good to know.

How many expansions (I assume LoY, LDoN, and DoN based on your comment) are not "AA granting"?
  4. Machentoo Augur

LoY, LDoN, DON, PoR, TBS. Might be missing one more later?
    snailish likes this.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Even finding out which expansions granted which AAs (originally) yielded no help determining which expansions did not grant any AAs.
  6. Machentoo Augur

I mean, I only just posted a list, and every single expansion release announcement in the history of Everquest either mentioned new AA's or did not mention new aa's. It ain't exactly rocket science to figure out, and it never was. What exactly are you complaining about here?
  7. Rhodz Augur

Hoping someone would post a good link so... bad day or just born that way?
  8. Silentchaos Augur

Nope thats all of them, if you don't count Kunark and Velious of course
  9. taliefer Augur

i wonder why they went with the 4 expansion back method.

getting luclin aa during dodh isnt all that helpful if you are the unicorn known as a new player, or even leveling an alt without PL. especially on phinny with the locked in 3 month or 2 month per expac.

i remember the vote on Fippy about this, but im pretty sure the 4 month back one wasnt the winner.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Meh the time-sink=revenue method. In the eyes of SoE, a waste of time was a lovely thing.
  11. Rhodz Augur

May well be but a source of the info would be warranted. If you had one handy that is
  12. Numiko Augur

This of course will be the way it works if the rules announced for Fippy / Vulak still hold true, who knows if it's been changed since then.... the only thing I think was ever mentioned for the newer servers is yes auto AA is coming, some time in the future.
  13. Machentoo Augur

It isn't much when only one expansion is autogranted, but when we are 12 aa expansions in, and 8 of them are granted, it will be a pretty sweet deal. Even when we are in say SoF or SoD and half the expansions are autogranted, that will be way better than what we had on the previous round of TLP's--nothing.
  14. FurySoul Augur

This they change how they will implement auto grant? Because you are correct on how its granted, but fippy didn't get auto grant ability until HoT or VoA iirc
  15. Silentchaos Augur

If you wanted to verify independently, you could open your AA window (the command for that is "V" in the EverQuest client) and select the expansions dropdown bar. All of the expansions that have AAs associated with them (Shadows of Luclin, Planes of Power, Gates of Discord, Omens of War, Depths of Darkhollow, The Serpent's Spine, Secrets of Faydwer, Seeds of Destruction, Underfoot, House of Thule, Veil of Alaris, Rain of Fear, Call of the Forsaken, The Darkened Sea, The Broken Mirror, Empires of Kunark) are listed in that menu. All of the expansions that do not have AAs associated with them (Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, Legacy of Ykesha, Lost Dungeons of Norrath, Dragons of Norrath, Prophecy of Ro, The Buried Sea) are not listed in that menu.

People usually just treat statements I make about this game as source material and/or evidence that it's true, though, pretty safe thing to do!
  16. Rhodz Augur

Heh you don't say
  17. Machentoo Augur

It didn't exist anywhere until Fippy was in HoT or VoA. When they launched the newer TLP's they specifically stated that autogrant would work this way from the start.
    FurySoul likes this.
  18. FurySoul Augur

Ah thats nice. Im glad they came to their senses with that.
  19. Nolrog Augur

Here's a link to one of the better places I've found for questions like these:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ: Progression_Servers

(take out the space betwen the : and P. . . . the forums turn it into a :p )

AA Autogrant Depths of Darkhollow Autogrants 4 expansions back starting with Luclin