Autocast for casters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Krushor, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Krushor Journeyman

Can we get an /autocast command similar to auto attack or autofire.
    Use case: Chanter summoning tons of magic ore or clay etc
    You don't want us using third party programs.
    You don't want us using keyboard and mouse macros.
    Sitting at my keyboard summoning thousands of magic clay makes me want to cry.
    Please consider it.

[IMG]
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

Why are you sitting at your keyboard doing it ? You're not going to get suspended using a G15 keyboard or razer mouse to summon clay or enchanter stuff at the keyboard or not.
  3. Krushor Journeyman

Two things.
    One: Its against the rules.
    Two: If one were to use a tool set such as a keyboard button masher, any other toons I play on that computer, when switched to would then be subjected to the auto masher. Same goes with browsing the internet etc. The computer becomes a one trick pony. So quite the Crappy solution.
  4. Aanuvane Augur

Create two socials:
    /pause XXX, /Cast 12
    /pause XXX, /Cast 12
    /pause XXX, /Cast 12
    /pause XXX, /Cast 12
    /Cast 12

/autoinventory
    /autoinventory
    /autoinventory
    /autoinventory
    /autoinventory

Or one social
    /pause XXX, /Cast 12
    /autoinventory
    /pause XXX, /Cast 12
    /autoinventory

It's not set it and forget it, but it gets you farther down the path than just clicking cast and dropping in your inventory. I do this all the time when enchanting clay because they won't put a Greater Mass Enchant Clay in :)
    RPoo likes this.
  5. Krushor Journeyman

This is NOT helping. This is not informing me of anything. I want set and forget.
  6. Aanuvane Augur

Gee sorry.
    DillyBar and RPoo like this.
  7. Blackhand New Member

Then why play Everquest?
    DillyBar likes this.
  8. Nadisia Augur

Then you need to learn a little bit more about scripting.
    Because there are MANY ways to send specific keystrokes to SPECIFIC application windows (games, or not).
    And it's also possible for EQ (even with its archaic use of DirectInput :D)

Besides that, yep, it's probably doable.
    But it's also at the risk of opening the Pandora's Box, because some people will ask for auto foraging, auto-this, or auto-that.
    It's not exactly the same as /autoskill XXX for melee classes (bash, kick, backstab, etc).
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. mikey anchorage Journeyman

no, its a game to play, wanna watch a movie go watch one. lazy
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

How is auto forage or fishing any different than doing 1000 trade skill combines while going out for a walk? It's way past time for this being something we have the ability to do built in game.
    Andarriel and Krushor like this.
  11. Krushor Journeyman

its about fairness.
    Melee get autoattack
    bards get melody
    range class get autofire
  12. Krushor Journeyman

Listen cheater cheater pumpkin eater. Scripting is breaking the rules. I want something that doesn't break the rules.
  13. Krushor Journeyman

I think autoforage and autofishing is long overdue as well!
  14. Krushor Journeyman

The response was harsh. My apologies.
    RPoo likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Mice/c/Cor_Products_Mice?q=:relevance:productCategories:Cor_Products_Mice_MMORolePlay&text=#rotatingText

You don't know what you're talking about. You map commands and macros with extensive options on a program by program basis (and single click profiles for within a single program). And it's not against the rules because it's not 'unattended game play'. You are behind your mouse the whole time.
  16. Cuuthbert Augur

Not even remotely the same, you cast once every 3 to 6 seconds, melee, throwing and bowing go much faster, and could you imagine a bard trying to twist and melee.
    If you are going to make a comparison try at a minimum to have 2 things that are remotely comparable
    Aanuvane likes this.
  17. Krushor Journeyman

Seriously Blackhand? We are talking about summoning magic clay or what ever else one would do with an autocast.
    Tradeskillers have an autocombine. Would you ask them to click the button each time? We used to and it sucked.
  18. shiftie Augur

Lol yes yes mass enchant clay.

I’m sure this auto fire set and forget would never be used with boxing gameplay to pc toons playing as mercs.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I mean, it's probably not all that hard to enable auto caste Create Item Spells to only work in PoK. It is a zone that doesn't allow you to hit or cast on anything else, after all. :)
  20. Krushor Journeyman

I already gave 3. Learn to count. The are exactly similar. /autocast wouldnt have to be religated to simply casting a summoning component. It could for blast heals or nukes or whatever.
    Another thing that is similar is the autocombine for tradeskilling.
    /micdrop