Auto Grant AA

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by jim01q, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jim01q New Member

I read somewhere that if you are premium you should enable the Auto-Grant AA button.

But it is putting it into things like First Aid and Innate Charisma. I'm a Beastmaster.

Would I not be better off turning it off and spending the points how I see fit?
  2. Evantil Drop Bear Spite Golem

Auto-grant will will fill in, for free, set AAs. It is used to help get you up to speed and build a base of established AA lines. You do not get to select what it is spent on as its all AAs up to a set level and expansion.
  3. Crystilla Augur

To add to this - you get almost ALL AA's available instantly. The only ones you don't get are tradeskill related. So there's no reason to 'spend how you see fit'. Now, you can save up those early AA's if you want but the cap is slow low and the game will now autgrant all AA's through 90 or 95 (I forget which).

So while you pick up a few that aren't as helpful anymore (though first aid is for some classes as it's a prerequisite for later better AA's in that mend line), so I tend to fall under the capacity of setting Autogrant on and then you only have to worry about leveling and gear (not leveling, gear and AA's).

It's a great help for those who are starting out/returning lower levels so the road toward higher levels isn't as daunting.
  4. Tubben Elder

Get all the Tradeskill AA, then bank max aa you can. Then hit autogrant.

Other way:
    Level to 105 without spending ANY AA. Get all AA from the last 4 expansions you can get (You have to get some 'old' aa first of course, THEN hit autogrant.
  5. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Terrible plan. As you would likely end up spending AA points, on things that you'd have gotten for 'free' with autogrant. (Thus essentially 'wasting' them.)

Better is to autogrant as you level up from 51-95; where you pretty much get all of the AA's available. And at the same time set your AA xp to like 2-3% so you can bank the max AA's as you get there (and get the tradeskill ones if you like that sort of thing). Then you'll need to work on both AA and leveling at the same time to catch up to 105.

That is of course assuming you're an All Access member and not a free player.
    Sagarmatha and Tatanka like this.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Yes, and if you are F2P, level up as far as you wish with just minimal AA (and for me that would be somewhere between 55 and 75), then buy a month either with real money or a Krono, use auto-grant, and earn as much AA as you can in the month. That works up to 95, for the full auto-grant, then you have to buy a month each time you want to earn more AA.
  7. Burstaf New Member

This is a a terrible plan for 1st character but a great plan for 3rd,4th etc character.

Remember there is a XP bonus which I think starts at around 800% at 0AA and scales down linearly until 4500 AAs.

So if you are a min/maxer you can go All-Access at 105 with 0AAs, grab about 500-1000AAs (daily 85/90/90 Teeks will get you 150AA alone for 15mins of easy killing when you have 0AA), keep 105AA in reserve, then activate Auto-Grant, spend the 105AA.
  8. Borek-VS Augur

The trick would be to get to 105 with zero AAs.
    Quatr and Gundolin like this.
  9. reggatta New Member

AAs are so easy to get now with HA/Teek missions and LOTD that skipping autogrant is something I would not even consider.
    PCSS likes this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Reminds me of the old Steve Martin bit about how to be a millionaire and never pay taxes. Step 1: get a million dollars!

Your plan makes sense from an accounting point of view. However, it also involves getting to 105 with 0 AAs. I understand your point about that being fine for an alts (4th, 5th, 6th char, etc). However, if you're actually playing these chars, and not just PLing them on another box that you're not even swapped to, it's a fairly tedious, unfun plan.

Tat
    PCSS and Umbraeques like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

The reason for using the bonus AA plan is to be able to max out all essential current AA's that the autogrant wouldn't give you. For that you need a plan with lines of useful AA's that you're targetting,
  12. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

Yes, my suggestion was for those who have paid accounts. This (above) is indeed good advice for the F2P player.

As AA's weren't introduced till Luclin (when lv 60 was the cap) you won't have any issues without them up to at least 60; as most of the under 60 AA's aren't that impressive anyways. You can probably stretch it out to closer to 70-75 before you notice the power gap between you and the mobs.

You'd probably find that the autogrant, if you're just getting a Krono, or paying for a month for it, is most effective on 5 level breaks, especially where there was a non-level increase expansion. As that's when there was a lot of AA's put out, but no increase in the level cap, so you'll get the biggest bang for your buck, as it were.
  13. Jarsi Lorekeeper

i got a paladin to 77 without any AA and a wizard to 88 with only 9aa but he misclicked a collection piece reward for AA instead of xp :/ so its possible to get to 105 without any AA just dont plan on playing the class well at all and fun times figuring out what each activated AA does
  14. Nolrog Augur

You used to not get spell casting subtlety too, unless they changed that when they made it a toggle.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

To clarify, you don't get the Mastery and Salvage AAs through auto-grant. I believe you do get the NTCM (New Tanaan Crafting Mastery) AAs, which allow you to take more than one trade past the 200 skill level.

Tat
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

F2P cannot use the Auto grant. The auto grant gives all AAs from RoF and earlier expansions.

Taking the auto grant counts against the low aa aaxp bonus. The aaxp bonus starts at 1000% at 0 AA and scales down to 100% at 4000 AA.

When the Auto grant was first introduced you could reasonably hit the 4k AA mark buying a minimal amount of AAs that would be auto granted. Today it would nbe difficult if not impossible to do. If you get PL'd to 105 and just buy the no req AA lines there you would still be buying a lot of free AAs. Either way it would not hurt to build up banked AA before you auto grant.

Pretty much correct, though I am thinking that you do get the salvage AAs.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, Salvage you do get (from auto-grant).

And auto grant goes through VoA (level 95) AAs. RoF AAs still have to be earned the old-fashioned way :)

Tat
  18. Kolani Augur

Why bank before autogrant, really? At max they could bank 105 aa, if they PLed to 105 with zero aa, and 105 aa is basically pointless.
  19. Borek-VS Augur

You would save a small amount of time if you paused around 60-70 and banked the max for that level, as you should still be on the AA bonus. It's not going to make much difference, nor is it going to make levelling to 105 with 0 AAs any more practical.
  20. Kolani Augur

What difference is banking 60 or 70 aa going to make though? It's essentially pointless.