Aura timer, pretty please with sucrose on top

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhinx, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Auras confuse me as their duration is considered "persistent" and "permanent" yet they have a hidden timer and expire over time. Heck, even Allah lists the duration as "Unlimited?"

Would it be possible Devs to have a countdown timer like any other buff in the game - or to make them actually permanent until you manually remove them?

Thanks so much for considering this request.

p.s. Heck, while you're at it, would it be possible that new Mod Rods just refresh/replace the existing rods in your character's Inventory?
    niente, Fanra and Duder like this.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I think the concept of "auras" implies that it takes the character some conscious mental energy to maintain them. Thus they really shouldn't expire so long as the character is "active" in the game and hasn't died or went AFK.

If that were the case then the aura would have a countdown timer that begins and counts down whenever the character stops moving and stops performing actions like spell casting.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

The invisible men (auras) are like Meeseeks, they only exist to serve but existence is pain so they seek to do their duty then expire.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The auras expire when the npc that is spawning them despawns which is why there is no timer.
  5. Raccoo Augur

"Permanent" auras last 1 hour, unless you zone/log out/die.

I've made triggers to tell me when they expire so I can refresh.

Examples for cleric
    ^Aura of Divinity(?<Rank>( Rk\. (I)+))? expires\.$
    ^Aura of the Pious expires\.$

There is a double space before 'expires', that doesn't show up here on the forums.
    Accipiter likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

It's very inconsistent to say the least. The bard ADPS aura and mage pet aura seem to expire at about the same time (over an hour I would guess). The chanter mana flare aura lasts only 10 or 12 minutes. How are we to know?
  7. zleski Augur

Aura of Divinity (Rk\. III?)? is sufficient to match all ranks.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

Having my permanent aura's expire mid event because I forgot to refresh them before it started.

An interesting fix idea might be to make them refresh their timer upon zoning.