Aura of Purpose Rk. II not not replacing lesser buff

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Auviena, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Auviena New Member

When I buff with "Aura of Purpose Rk II" it will not replace "Aura of Purpose".
    If "Aura of Purpose" was present before I cast the Rk II-spell, any person hit will end up with both buffs.
    Blocking the lesser version does not work as a workaround. It also blocks higher ranks.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

This is expected when the Rk1 was cast by someone higher level than the person casting Rk2. It's one of the drawbacks of the system in place to control stacking and overwrites.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This happens with cleric spell haste buffs even if both casters are of the same level. Also if the same caster buffs someone with single target Blessing of Purpose and then follows it with group version Aura of Purpose, both effects land even though only 1 has any effect.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Cleric spell haste was changed specifically to be special. People wanted the benefits of the prior rank 3 (or even 2) when they only had rank 1 of the new version. The developers obliged. But it meant treating the spell haste buff special ... hence the multiple buffs.

It can be annoying at times if folks are casting a lot of different versions, but it's not a bug. And at 111+, it's really not an issue as spell haste only has 1 rank now.

Personally, I enjoy some of the quirks in Everquest that are like this.