Augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by feeltheburn, Dec 13, 2017.

1. feeltheburn Augur

was it seriously intended to have such a poor lot of augs for armor this expansion?? Pretty much not a single aug, at least from a tank knight melee point of view, to be had or upgrade to from EoK.
    IDK, maybe its me but one would think a new expansion and higher level of play would bring upgraded augs over the previous expansion. Part of the fun and play in the game was grinding and farming named or missions for such items, such is not the case with RoS. Not sure what the hate is for on AC on most of the augs offered. /rant off.
  2. p2aa Augur

Ngreth added on Beta 45 AC to all the augs who had no AC, bar the augs with HInt / Wis.
    Eqressource shows augs without AC. Is it just eqressource database that did not update or the added 45 AC has not make it on augs on live server ?
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

One of the reasons why an official "eqplayers.com" had such a great potential, as it pulls data directly from the official updated database.
    Risiko likes this.
  4. feeltheburn Augur

not seen as of yet and even 45 AC would be weak sauce if we are talking stepping up from a prior expansion, but I guess some is better then none. :p
  5. Tucoh Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=131744
    Earth Love Lucy's Entry

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE AUGMENTATION
    Augmentation type: 7 8
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST HANDS FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    AC: 70
    DEX: 0+12 STA: 0+16 CHA: 0+16 HP: +270 MANA: +270 ENDUR: +270
    Clairvoyance: +65 Spell Damage: +45 Heal Amount: +45 Endurance Regeneration +3

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=128995
    Conflagrant Gem of Security

Lucy's Entry

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM PRESTIGE AUGMENTATION ATTUNABLE
    Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST HANDS FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
    AC: 67
    DEX: 0+12 STA: 0+16 CHA: 0+8 HP: +255 MANA: +255 ENDUR: +255
    Attack: +33 HP Regen +5 Mana Regeneration: +5 Clairvoyance: +62 Spell Damage: +42 Heal Amount: +55

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=131665
    Fragment of Ethereal Steel

Lucy's Entry

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE PRESTIGE AUGMENTATION
    AC: 65
    DEX: 0+11 STA: 0+15 HP: +240 MANA: +240 ENDUR: +240
    HP Regen +8 Mana Regeneration: +4 Clairvoyance: +65 Spell Damage: +45 Heal Amount: +45
  6. p2aa Augur

These are the augs who had AC since day 1. While I know I will use these ones, a tank that values Hagi as his primary stat and wears only HAgi augs would not wear them. This is why the OP does not consider them I would guess.
    And I agree with the OP on the AC value of 45, it's same value than many EoK augs, probably would not have hurt to make them 50-55 AC in new expansion.
    But it's way better than before with 0 AC. To be confirmed they are intended to keep their 45 AC on live server.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  7. feeltheburn Augur

and this upgrades EoK augs how? that was also part of my post.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Yeah I guess I don't know what you mean by:
    "Pretty much not a single aug, at least from a tank knight melee point of view, to be had or upgrade to from EoK."

Since I imagine you'll be auging Earth Love as soon as you can.
  9. feeltheburn Augur

if your remotely augged from EoK and anyone of the classes I mentioned, why would you grab any of those augs?? just my 2cp. I have no use for them nor will many
  10. feeltheburn Augur

No, no I wont.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Oh, my mistake. You must know about a lot of augs I don't. Got a magelo link so I can get some ideas on where to get some augs?
  12. feeltheburn Augur

shrug I know bout as much as anyone, dont take a rocket scientist to see the augs from last expansion to this one and see. Maybe you missed out on EoK and need some new augs then. But you go ahead and be the genius that you are and take those augs to downgrade from the EoK augs if I m mistaken and you did not miss EoK augs or just didnt bother.
  13. Cicelee Augur

Do not know who you are, but I believe you are a monk. You are saying you would not equip an ac70 hdex12 hsta16 hp270 endurance regen3 augment?

It may not replace some EOK augments, but I am quite confident all of us raiders still have a couple of TBM and TDS augments that it can replace...
  14. feeltheburn Augur

if I had a empty slot sure.....if I completely missed EoK sure . Since both those options are non existent for me and should be for most that were breathing and playing during EoK, no I would not, doesnt upgrade anything I have now, and really they shouldnt upgrade anyone who has played for the past expansion.

And of course you miss the point, alas often you do. The point is not whether or not I or anyone would wear it or not.......THE POINT IS THAT IT IS NOT A UPGRADE TO ANY AUG in the last expansion and point being that augs in a NEW expansion that has a higher grade of play and new levels SHOULD upgrade past existing augs. So please quit making your own agenda to single me out wearing it or not and READ the FULL context of what I said.\
    Reading is fundamental, try it sometime.
  15. Just_Another_SK Elder

If you use Hdex Please tell me 1 ... just 1 EoK aug that is better than
    Im waiting
  16. Tucoh Augur

Bro post a magelo so we can check out that sweet aug setup that makes an Earth Love not worth auging.
  17. feeltheburn Augur

"Bro" check out any magelo worth checking out and tell me what aug your swapping out.....pick any class that is like ranked #100 or not played in 2 years.....I ll wait.
  18. feeltheburn Augur

not worth augging or worth swapping out for one already begotten two different things arent they? what swap it out for 5 ac and 2 dex and loss of other stat? swap it out for what ? right eye of sul? distended horseshoe? token of hasty fears? silver etched coin? dark trak scale? relife adornment? Deep Mine Bulwark? just to name a few ...other that ok dont quite have as much AC but not worth dropping the dex for. what else.?
  19. Tucoh Augur

Post the magelo if you want me to be able to answer "what else".
  20. Warpeace Augur

Magelo the stat padding capital of the interwebs for EQ.

Not worth crap anymore.