Augmentation Distillers for type 3 augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jokskilove, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Jokskilove Palzerker

Sorry for potentially beating a dead horse here..
    Has there been any consideration for adding an augmentation distiller class to the type 3 augs? It seems to be a pretty big money drain - type 3 augs costs roughly the same as making the armor, and since you can't remove them with regular item distillers, you need to delete them and buy new ones. This in turn discourages people cheapskates such as myself to pass on regularly upgrading the groupable items on my boxes.
    Would it be a terrible crime against humanity to make it possible to remove them with type 18/21 augmentation distillers?
    Jumbur and Yinla like this.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

perfected augmentation distillers are available with station cash. Put em in overseer vendor too if they are not already. Might be tbh just not looked.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

You can use Perfected Augmentation Distillers from the Loyalty Vendor or Marketplace
  4. Jokskilove Palzerker

I do realize that - but it's not really feasible for a full set of augs. I could also buy kronos and sell them for pp to fund these upgrades. The basic issue for me is that the cost of type 3 augs and the mechanism for upgrading them, is prohibitive for taking in new items.

If you buy the new type 3 augs, that's 25k. If you then upgrade stepwise through T1-T3 group loot, and then T1-T2 raid loot, you end up buying the same item 6 times to keep up. A perfected augmentation distiller costs 432 loyalty coins, and my loyalty earnings seem to be stuck.

I would prefer a system that would encourage players to upgrade - as of now, a lot of loot is rotting in my inventory because the benefit of taking an intermediate upgrade does not really justify the cost for doing so.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is why many skip T1 loot and go straight to T2, to cut back on the cost of chaning these augs. The cost of changing other augs are cheap as chips.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always figured it was meant to be one of many platsinks, But imho they went overboard in the latest expansions. ToV drained me for most of my plat, and I wasn't rich to begin with. :(

Im probably not the only one who regularly have to occupy old zones and aoe-farm for plat, and Im not sure that was DBG's intention...
    Yinla and minimind like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its a plat sink. Its meant to be a plat sink. It is not meant for you to swap them out for free.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

They are a terrible plat sink.

I stopped buying them many years ago, in TDS. I decided to boycott them after I spent plat on Salus Faycite Shard: Ardent Healing and found that it didn't work at all. It still doesn't work after numerous bug reports, and petitions for a plat refund, over the years.

The line of augments (Ardent Healing and Merciful Healing) has since been discontinued, I suspect because Ngreth and Aristo could never get them to function. Shrug, nothing to see here.