Audio Triggers, spaces added to the end

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordJump, Nov 6, 2012.

1. LordJump Journeyman

Ive noticed that many, many of my ATs have anomalous spaces added to the end of them, causing them to fail. These are the EQ ones and while deleting the extra spaces, then applying the changes fixes the problem, the very next time I do the event I have the same problems, and have to do it all over again. Wouldnt be a big deal if raids werent so overly dependant on emots, but there has to be a solution to this. I dont know if I did something odd when I created them or if there was some bug present when I made them, but they are there nonetheless. Ironically, its only my Sep4 triggers that are affected, which leads me to believe it may have been something I did while creating them. There are ALWAYS 2-3 spaces added to the end of the AT text string. Any help available?
  2. Yther Augur

I used to manually edit the AT INI files to delete any erronous spaces and save it to a back up file, and simply log out the character and copy the back up file back to the INI file whenever I would have problems so I wasn't spending alot of time trying to fix it ('cause you usually notice it during a raid, and only have a minute to log out and back in).

I know it's not a real fix, but it is what I used to do when I raided all the time.

Another thing is I try to keep separate sets for separate events to keep the files smaller also, as it seems like it happened more when the files got big.

Yther Ore.
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

Yep, pretty much as posted above, on the rare occasion I've had this occur fixing it in game didn't "stick" past a single login session. I manually edit the AT.ini, going down the list, hitting CTRL-END on each and every line, checking for extraneous spaces, and then "ENTER" to ensure the line breaks are where I think they are. I've had to take the same steps to repair my socials as well.

After the manual fixes, I've never had an AT bug out again unless I edited it in-game. The process of writing to the .ini is buggy. There's always potential for the next new AT to bug out also.