Audio Trigger, Tells and Mages.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tubben, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Tubben Elder

Hello.

Is there an way to setup an Audiotrigger for receiving tells, which dont get triggered everytime an pet tells me something?

And is there an way to filter mob speach out? Like "Allizewsauer says 'Errrrr. Die, soft skin!'.
    This can get a bit spammy in an xp group.
  2. Brudal Augur

Are you using in game audio triggers or Gina? Sirene posted a trigger for tells that don't go off if the teller has a space in their name such as
    not sure if the pet tells would be excluded or not.

There is currently no filter to split player say and NPC say; it has been requested as often as the "other" filter being revamped.
  3. Tubben Elder

I am using in game AT for tells. Works pretty good on every char, but on pet classes
  4. Brudal Augur

What string are you using? I would think any dealing with a merchant would trigger for each item you select to buy or sell. May check if pet speech can be toggled off in options like item speech.
  5. Andronicus Elder

GINA just says, "You have a tell" for me.

Download and try GINA if nothing else works.
  6. Tubben Elder

Gina works, thats no problem. I just dont want to start gina everytime if i do something. I would like to solve this via ingame AT. But if there is no way, then there is now way.
  7. Imak Augur

Use potion, create custom pet name.
    Set audio trigger for CustomPet tells ... and pair it with some tiny duration silence.wav

Never hear a peep from your pet's tells again.
  8. Xata New Member

As Brudal pointed out, the GINA program has a trigger you can add to eliminate tells from players with a space in their name (typically NPCs) but this does not filter out pet responses.

However, you can set an order of priority for audio triggers using the in-game audio trigger menu. I believe the game will stop looking for triggers on the first trigger that it finds, so you want to exclude all non player tells first. The first 2 are pet responses you get for issuing an attack order, the next three filter out various merchants and bankers, and at the very end I put the tell trigger for people.

For instance, I have the following triggers in this order (I have listed the search phrase first with a description of a sound file I use on the second line).

tells you, 'Attacking
    silent or short sound file so I know the pet got the order

tells you, 'I am unable
    Big beep so I know I shouldn't nuke that mob and upset the enchanter

tells you, 'I'll give you
    silent sound file for NPC

tells you, 'That'll be

tells you, 'Welcome to my

tells you
    normal tell sound file for people
  9. Xata New Member

To use GINA triggers with a mage, I am testing out a modified version of Sirene's trigger to exclude most NPCs and pets:

^((?<!\s)[^\n\v\f\r])*tells you, (?!'Attacking |'I am unable )
    Infini likes this.
  10. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------------------------
    :mad:

11. Crystilla Augur

12. Xata New Member

well, it seems rather easy to fix by just adding the lines above. I played for years without problems.
  13. Infini New Member

Worked beautifully for me. Regex to the rescue - thanks!
  14. Parkers Journeyman

In the Options Windows, General Tab, there is an Option you can check called "Use Tell Windows". If you turn on/select this option, a new Window will Pop up on screen for each person you get a tell from.

I know that is not what you asked. I point it out because many are not aware of how that option works.

This is the best way I have found to separate tells from other chat and make sure you get all tells.
  15. svann Augur

Sorry to necro, but Im looking for a way to do this and this doesnt seem to work. Replaced it in my gina tell trigger and now the trigger doesnt tell me when I get a real tell.
  16. Brohg Augur

Code:
    ^((?:\w+\.)?\w+) ((tells|told) you,|-> {c}:) (?!'Attacking |'I am unable |'By your command)
    covers regular tells, cross server tells, tell window tells, and excludes common pet stuff and nearly all NPCs
    svann likes this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Leave gina running. It doesn't hurt your performance (that I've noticed on an older pc) and you won't forget to turn it on when it matters.
  18. svann Augur

Yea, gina is good for a lot more than just raiding. I use it all the time. Learn to make your own triggers and you will find it very useful. Making triggers is really very easy just so long as you dont need the regex coding, and you almost never do.
  19. MMOer Augur

Trying to follow this but what do I put in the gina window to make Gina read the tells in text to speech?
    Code:
    ^((?:\w+\.)?\w+) ((tells|told) you,|-> {c}:) (?!'Attacking |'I am unable |'By your command)
    Search text = ?

Use text to speech = ?
  20. Tuco Augur

What I use:

search text: ^(?<char>\w+) tells you, (?!'Attacking |'I am unable |'By your command|'That'll be |'I'll give you)'{s}'

Display Text: ${char} tells {c}: {s}

Text to Say: {c} tell

Not sure if Brohg's most recent reply to this thread is superior.