Auction system, why did you go this route?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dizzy, May 11, 2013.

1. Dizzy New Member

I been waiting since release of EQ more then a decade for a real Auction House so we did not have to leave our Computers on to trade.

Finally they did something, but why this system?

Sure it's better then nothing, but it's still lacking in the fact we can not be selling stuff if we are online playing.

I do not see whay they did not just put in a real auction house like other games have so we can always be selling stuff while we are playing. The 10 hours or whatever I am online playing are sales I lost cause of this system.

Would rather have a system you can always be selling, or at least allow us to log in our playing toons at same time our offline trader is working.

Just my two cents.
  2. Nolrog Augur

Because this could be implemented quickly. Planning a full blown auction system would have required such a substantive investment of time and resources that it wouldn't be possible.
  3. Rouan Augur

Besides, you can buy from anywhere in the game now or search from anywhere. We got a lot when for so long we had so little.
  4. Wuttever Augur

Who knows. But hey, I like this way better than before. I think it has a fun Role Play factor to it, since it's supposed to be like me in the tunnel trying to sell my stuff. That took time out of leveling too. So this system actually suits my personal view of how the game should be, and my style of Role Play, in this MMORPG.

Yea, I know, Role Play is so not a thing.
  5. Dizzy New Member

Okay that's fine, but I still think they should at least allow us to keep a trader active and still play another toon on that account so we can always be selling.

I personally do not see a reason to be able to buy stuff out in the field through the parcel system as any benefit, doubt I would ever use it, I would just wait to go to the bazaar. Or give me some ideas why anyone would actually use this much.
  6. Wuttever Augur

I don't, and wouldn't, but I do buy stuff to be delivered via parcel. Anything cheap, anyways.

As for playing another character while one of your characters sells, I don't recall anyone asking for this back in the days of the EC tunnel. But maybe someone did, and it just seemed so odd. Like asking for concurrent login.
  7. Toquillaw Augur

If you want multiple characters in game, then buy a second account.

Don't want to pay for a second sub? Buy Kronos with your loot from your trader. If your trader doesn't make enough each month to cover the costs, then buy a Krono as you can, and alternate with paid subs at whatever ratio works for you.

If you don't want to pay $15 every other month, then maybe it just isn't all that important to you.
  8. Wuttever Augur

Oh, it just dawned on me. Ours isn't a consignment system. No cut to the broker.

Personally, I'd rather just sell when I can than have to keep having to pay that tax to the man.
  9. Sinestra Augur

Guild Wars 2 has a great system. You can put something up for sale from your backpack anywhere in the game. You just have to pick up items you buy and money you make from one of the auction people. Far better than games like WoW even.
  10. Feradach Augur

Having a trader up while playing would be nice, but if we were to see any enhancement to the current bazaar system I'd rather have a web interface built so we could watch prices and purchase items while logged off. I know there would be a ton of security issues to work through for that, so I don't expect to ever see the feature enabled, but it would be pretty handy.