Attempt to improve (bard)

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by ptah, Feb 2, 2021.

1. ptah Augur

Ok so this topic is requesting how do I improve my bard alliance now that our team has shift from 3 bards to 6.

In the past, it was very questionable to overall raid dps from our data if alliance was giving a net gain. Then we adjusted a few things and started to see a postive gain. (at 2 or 3 bards)

Now we have 5 or 6 bards showing up and the simple select 1 bard to cast alliance and let others fill it, repeat. Feels like we should sharing that mana load as team.

Now in theory, 6 bards should filling alliance fairly quick and we know the recast of bard alliance is quick, but draws alot of mana. (note the alliance bard still insults to support synergy procs to groupmates).

3 of 6 bards in question are full tov ts, with evolers. Feels gears, AA etc are pretty well topped off. Other 3 are mostly t1 tov and mid 30k AA, so close but not capped I think.

***Question of the thread***
    How can I setup Gina, so support a verbal AT for when bard001 casts alliance, when it fills with label for bard002 to cast his alliance to support a teamwork weave so bulk of resource is not on 1 bard. My xp for gina is very low, 90% dont use it, but if I can get alliance weave to work, i will use like every raid day !

ATM we still just letting 1 bard go til 20m, then dropping off to another bard subject to mana. We have attempted 2 bard casting it every 12 14s, but that leads overrides are wasted mana.

Or would using ingame AT be a better source? feels like chat channels are a bit slow, but another option.

How does team bard chase team Nec for total dps, we are coming to get ya roar!!
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I have 3 gina triggers. One timer for my sticks and stones, one for others S&S, and 1 for breaking bones. I usually just handle the alliance, but I think if we were to need to trade off it would be easiest to go till im below 30% then signal next bard to take over. At mearatas we switched at a set point in the fight, when gathered in the tunnel waiting a few seconds for phase change.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

We go with one bard til they run low then swap if needed. We have 9 fairly consistent bards, so fulminationsare pretty steady.
  4. ptah Augur

thanks guys, its appears for now the single bard, then move another is simple path with confusing others, or dealing with over casting waste.

I had copied a buddy alliance triggers for his class and thought reversing that to bard verbal would setup to bard weave. but its failed, now what will prob do is set a ingame AT for us bards on sticks and stones landing and fill. I get wanted who cast it and who is next when it fills, so chain crap out of it.
  5. Cuuthbert Augur

Right now for my guild, I tend to handle the Coalition. When alliance first came out we use to share the load. So the bards had 2 melody keys loaded one with Alliance one without. When I went below 50% mana I would hit a social that said below 50% mana next bard that went to the bard chat channel and the next bard on the list would fire theirs up. Rinse and repeat
  6. ptah Augur

Saw the bump, so its time for an update.

Currently we seeing 5 raiding bards, 6th one just never wants to show up, joking aside I think is work thing.

Weave and share the load attempts have failed. I failed get Gina correctly reading an order, not all of us use Gina. So that theory based great idea is on hold for now.

What we do now is ingame triggers, Currently a single ping for when Alliance land on target, and shhhhish sound for fills. I dream about setting different sounds to different bards but have yet to do it.

We start with a plan to push a target bard, normally same guy. He currently is best situation. As in we wants ping that alliance, he wants the damage report, some of us are passive. He got the want to. We are working on secondary orders for when drops to X amount of mana, changes based on what event. IE sometimes 50% is not big of deal and some run down to 25%.

Now I listen to pings, and if fails to meet my foot tap tempo im going pigback when bard1 alliance fills, yes sometimes he going override mine, but that ok.

We are working others 3 bard who are returning players that working on improving their strats, gear, AA, hero AA etc. So things are improving, we do use a sub channel, so maybe the next step is setting up hotkey for when who does alliance people can read that, but for most part I try to skip that part, only type what is needed and pre plan what the plan.

Getting song sets to groups we assign to is current project. 2 of bards are in pretty standard groups, well maybe its closer 3 or 4 of them. I am the bard that in different group each event, ie sometimes 3 rangers, sometimes chanter nec nec, sometimes shaman bst zerk and im waiting til I see my tank superheros again.

Sum it up, simple is better than complex. Often targeting 1 primary bard to fill, and let others fill it. Some of us more aggressive with more insults, x1 often or x2 of set, or x2 as often as possible.

Maybe when some of that ore becomes a vender option, with coins going up, and more event wins each week, mana levels improving, combat regen improving, perhaps adjusting again.

As always have fun, kill rangers, and make others stronger.
  7. ptah Augur

8. ptah Augur

boggle I hit something silly.