Attack Rating

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Heajol, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Heajol Augur

How do melee get their attack so high? Does a lot of it come from Heroic AAs? I just updated my magelo and I seem to be really lagging behind on attack. Not sure what I can do to improve that towards the best monks out there except I know I need to work on Heroic AAs. Any advice? I'd like to have higher average attacks through a higher ATK.
  2. Szilent Augur

Yes Hero's Fort/Vit/Reso AAs, also side growth in heroic Strength as a byproduct of packing on advanced augs for heroic Dexterity. Those folks at the top of magelo rankings will have, for instance, +150/all Artisan's Prize aug, and +80/all Nathsar Darkness aug, four type18/19 "enhancement" augs with +20/all --these are all choices motivated by how they raise hDex, but advancing hStr along with, so raising Atk
    Ironkeg likes this.
  3. Ironkeg New Member

Equipped! Nice upgrade.

6 visible armor except boots and gloves as we stated before; 3 Left!
    Offslots: 1 tank shield, 2 knights weapon(1hander and 2hander), 1 earring, 1 tank mask, 1 tank necklace, 1 tank belt, 1 tank charm, 1 tank shoulder.

You rock!
  4. Heajol Augur

So the top monks max worn attack including modifiers is 1550 according to magelo and mine is 1000. Do the heroic AAs alone really provide that much more attack or is there something I'm missing?
  5. Szilent Augur

1550 is the cap on my worn Atk also.
  6. Nniki Augur

SPA 341 = Worn Attack Cap
    Cap = Base + Enhanced Aggression + Hero's Fortitude

Base = 250
    Enhanced Aggression = 600 (rank 60 * 10 / rank)
    Hero's Fortitude = 700 (rank 70 * 10 / rank)

Cap = 250 + 600 + 700 = 1550
    Heajol likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Magelo doesn't know understand how the attack cap works. If you load a bunch of augs with worn attack on it, you can Magelo pad that stat (whether intentional or not). Any extreme high scores are false and do nothing in game.

Magelo is overall, awful. It's updated lazily, in every way. The Focus AA Tab is no where to be found. AC scores do not reflect in game numbers. Luck score is no where to be found. Bags over 40 slots do not display the bottom 2-8 slots of 42-48 slot containers. I'm sure there's some other things I'm forgetting.

Threads about issues like these are forever WIP.
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Has someone been peeking at what is coming?
  9. Heajol Augur

Perfect - thank you! Looks like I wasn't missing anything, I just didn't realize how much ATK Hero's Fortitude provided. Thank you so much Nniki for breaking this down for me and anyone else who might come along with the same question.

Nniki likes this.