At long last, eqclerics.org is up again (needs new registrations)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Crystilla, May 17, 2017.

1. Crystilla Augur

Thanks to Fanra, we have eqclerics.org back up and active again on a new host (his).

Also, thank you to Kravin/Xanathol (eqshadowknight.net) who also offered to help host the site.

~~

Also, eqclerics.org is a brand newly built forum (php based, not that old vbulletin we've used since <2002 where we couldn't stop the spammers due to licensing issues). Also because of the age of the forum software, we were unable to transfer over all the original posts. I did transfer over any 'guide' type post I found by others that may still be applicable now.

In the chaos, I somehow managed to delete every post I'd ever made including all of the guides, etc. But I did find a backup and was able to salvage most of the guides except for the Heroic cleric guide. (So if anyone copied that information to your own use, please let me know!!!).

For any who want to be a part of the new eqclerics.org, please pop on over to eqclerics.org and go ahead and register.
    Janakin, Spellfire, Sheex and 2 others like this.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Glad to see it back up, but it is disappointing the old posts were lost.

A large portion of the mechanics, content, drop rates and resist rates used on Project 1999 were rebuilt based on 1999-2001 forum comments from EQClerics.

I always got a kick out of those forums. The clerics ranting and raving over how the Cleric class was useless in Luclin now that Druids got their weak CH-life spell Tunare's Renewal. Fun reminder how no matter how good of a position your class is in, you always think someone else always has it better than you, even if that thought has no basis in reality.
  3. Crystilla Augur

Yup. We tried just about everything. Had some corrupt data so the entire thing wouldn't import. While none of the older backups I had would import as well, at least with one old backup I could export part of the 'threads' and 'subject line/posts' tables into excel and that's how I cross referenced the two files and was able to salvage some posts manually.

At that point, out of the 254k rows I could salvage, only 40k of them were legitimate (the other 200k+ were spammers) so trying to import everything from excel and then delete would have been a nightmare.
  4. Gundolin Augur

Great news @Crystilla, thanks. :)
  5. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Excellent. Glad the site is running again!