Assassinate/decap/headshot

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Dewey, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Dewey Augur

For some odd reason after the patch, it appears that assassinate doesn't work on like level 108/109 mobs. It doesn't work on anything in GMM, and it doesn't work in EOK(Gates sarnaks) Before the patch I am pretty sure it worked in Gates.

I am curious, am I just not procing it on these, or did they change and nerf the ability? Could this just be my bad luck?

Thanks
  2. Kolani Augur

I have not been out to EoK since the patch, so I can't speak on that. However, wereorcs have never been flagged humanoid going all the way back to Secrets of Faydwer, so assassinate and headshot won't work on them.
  3. Belexes ForumQuester

Which patch? Last Wednesday the 13th?

I can tell you there are mobs in GMM that can be assassinated or headshot. There isn't enough of them to do the Frontier Mountains thing though.
  4. Dewey Augur

Are you sure that these are level 109 mobs that you have assassinated? Thanks
  5. Belexes ForumQuester

Well, my rogue is 110 and these mobs are dark blue. That is all I know. I have GINA triggers for my crit assass and regular assass and similar triggers for my ranger.

On certain mobs in GMM, GINA was telling me I was assassinating mobs.

I don't care what level mobs are so I never look. I only care about killing them. I am used to conning them for color, never pay attention to the level. Never used to have the level showing.
  6. Kolani Augur

Where are these mobs? I have yet to see a mob in GMM that's not either a clockwork or wereorc, neither of which can be headshot or assassinated. Decap will work since there's no humanoid restriction on it.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

I will give you a hint. They don't look humanoid. :)

Never judge a book by its cover. Never say it can't be done until it can't be done.
  8. Cadira Augur

I noticed my rogue can assassinate the clockwork rats in gmm. Not sure why they are flagged as humanoid
  9. Filter Augur

As a berserker, In FM hunting the sarnaks in the forts, my new version of Dicho (can't remember the darn name at the moment...getting old) does not work on them. I had to start using my old Dicho for whatever reason.
  10. Rasbis Lorekeeper

No kidding, and why are giants not Humanoid? Just look like larger version of humans right?
  11. Belexes ForumQuester

There are giants in some older zones that humanoid.