Aspect of the Brood

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Orcen, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Orcen Elder

Aspect of the Brood is just a whacky illusion. Supposed to be increased speed. Both moods, running or flying is terrible. Not ever sure which is which mode anymore.
    When it runs... its feet seem to go very fast, but the steps are mere inches, the effect looks like he is vibrating. distance moved is really slow, even though he vibrates at a very fast speed. The other mode isnt a whole lot better. I think its the fly mode, but it is so slow. Levitate, Runspeed buffs, nothing helps.
    Cant use this in real play as it basically doesnt want to move.
    This is not a new bug, been like this for long time, its really disappointing. I can duplicate it.
    If need a demo, let me know, I show you. Recently tried again and its whacked still.
    Maybe the increased movement speed of 50% wasn't coded correctly. like X 0.5 instead of X 1.50...
    Duder likes this.
  2. Knifen Augur

I could be wrong on the run part but im pretty sure all buffs from illusions up to and including buffs of druids like Spirit of the wolf are all out ranked if you have your full travelers ach speed maxed. Like max normal run speed is faster than those buffs. Dont hold me to it thou. Its referencing increased over base OG run speed, not increasing your current buffed or unbuffed run speed.
  3. Duder Augur

(Quick note, it is illusion and not a mount, so it will go off of your runspeed. Whether its buffed by a runspeed buff or song, etc. So your velocity should not change from unillusioned to illusioned unless it provides a runspeed illusion benefit buff, which AoB does not, as far as I remember. Also, when going from certain races to illusioning in other larger races, it can *appear* that your run speed slows down due to perspective. However, if you check the velocity, it never does slow you down. I am not saying that is what is happening for you but rather that it is something you should look into and followup with in this report. I am gonna like your first post to hopefully get it some attention should you find a well definable bug.)

Open your inventory and go to the stats tab. Document your runspeed velocity with the illusion off and with it on. Note whether you have run on or off as well as whether you are ducked or not and report those findings back here as well. Note whether you have any runspeed buffs or not, if so, which. Try it with a variety of runspeed buffs as well. Any and all info is most important in trying to get a bug fixed, no documentation or detail too small. If you are able to provide a video that will help even more. Right now, with the amount of information provided, even if it were to get enough likes for them to actually look into it, they would almost certainly find no errors because there are not enough specifics or detail in the original bug report. (I know, you did give a good amount of details, but this is EQ =P )
  4. Orcen Elder

You need to see this illusion try to run. Its legs move like its running at high speed, crazy fast leg and body movement.
    Problem is the actual movement across the ground is maybe as slow as walk mode on a character... The effect is the Illusion is vibrating (shaking at very high speed) as it tries to move.
    Showed to a friend, he says that is $%#^&& up. Changing runspeeds with or without buffs has no effect on the movement. It always vibrates when it moves The vibration is so fast I see 5 or 6 images at the same time, see name and title images 5 or 6 all at the same time bouncing around while its trying to move. That is how fast it vibrates, while its Actual movement across the ground is very slow. I have maxed AA's in Runspeed, and its like walking speed. Almost like a blurred image as it vibrates slowly accross the ground.
    I will check velocity meter see if there is an additional clue, but this thing is BUGGED beyond all.
    I will be glad to demo on Povar with my SK if you want to see...
  5. Orcen Elder

As a follow up.. the illusion is supposed to increase movement speed by 50%, it says as well as levitation and limited flight?
    Zero increase to run speed on SK, runs at same velocity (53) with or without this illusion. Innate Run Speed 7/7, Journeyman's speed 6/6.
    I suppose at 53 it does move better than it seems. In 3rd person view, the Vibrating type movement makes it look and feel like you are slow. It doesn't ever go into any sort of flight type graphics although both modes provide levitate, what it does is a jittering run type step, but its wings never spread. There are no flight graphics at all, is always the jittering run.
    In second person view, don't see all the jittering, but why have an illusion if one cant see it huh?
    So a couple bugs, the movement graphics are just a jittering mess, it doesn't provide increased 50% movement, and there are no flight type Graphics. Looking at item description, its supposed to do all three. Hence this is bugged.

One other note, like most things from LDoN cards packs now days, please make this Heirloom?