Arx Raid 5

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Deillusional Augur

So is the popping of 2390824390324490 adds to lag you out is a good idea? Discuss.
  2. Atvar Augur

Heh. Maybe not, but we've seen worse.
  3. Shang Augur

When they spawn, I get a brief second of lag... Nothing too bad, though.

The particles on the first part are worse for me.

I think it's only 54 adds, though. (STRAT LEAKS)
    Deillusional likes this.
  4. guado Augur

Wasn't quite as bad as Tower of Rot lag, but certainly doesn't help.

And that's talking from an ASUS g750j with the best internet connection money can buy.
  5. Deillusional Augur

It seems to be a lot worse on AB at least.
  6. Shang Augur

Have you considered moving to America? ;)

Not really sure on any advice I can give. Just try and minimize any other lag you could encounter from that portion of the event. Far clip, etc.
  7. Kiillz Augur

OOOH I got the g750vw
    guado likes this.
  8. Deillusional Augur

Its not a pc or a connection issue I think it just seems to be a server issue (connection is fine, 152mb down 12 mb up) PC is a latest spec with a nvidia 970gtx, 250 GB Samsung 840 evo ssd, 16 gb ram, i7-5930K etc. its bad when people lag thats all and obviously if some die we at a race against time to recover.
  9. Shiea Augur

Yeah experienced some lag as they were spawning last night, and the auras around the room were also causing some odd lag spikes here and there. Nothing so bad it wasn't dealable but certainly exists.
  10. Nudia Augur

We got spikes for those waves, but they weren't too bad. We had one or two that were a few seconds long, but the rest were harmless.
  11. Deillusional Augur

its l ike 2-6 seconds of lag for us atm.
  12. Zaph Augur

It could be worse, at least its intentional in Arx 5, no matter how misconceived !

[IMG]
  13. Deillusional Augur

Difference is those we not all at once:p (IIRC)!
  14. Smokn Augur

dont understand how your laggin on this
  15. Deillusional Augur

we pretty much all lagging when the adds pop :(. Might have been getting a bad dz server last night and sunday I guess.
  16. Smokn Augur

Noticed last night while we was workin on this more lag then before so you might have something here
  17. guado Augur

It's gotta be all those beam kiters in evantil. I think something should be done to stop the beam kiting, since it clearly puts a strain on the instance server.
    Because if beam kiting stops, the instance server will have more capacity, and won't lag.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Wasn't this the #1 reason given for the beam kiting nerfs? Why are we still getting instance server lag?
    Koryu likes this.
  18. Deillusional Augur

And also the reason stated for the various nerfs was multiple mobs at once, so then they do raid that pops multiple adds again and again shocks me. We tested raid 3, and originally 12 adds were activating or maybe it was 16 I cant recall and absor said it was too much at once for the instance server to cope, so he activiated them in stages, same with raid 1 iirc, and now he activates the 54 adds at once over and over again shocks me.
    Shiea likes this.
  19. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Bixie1 lags hard with as few as 9 total mobs in the zone, 2 of those being immobile non-combat quest NPCs. It's either the event script or the instance server.
  20. Shang Augur

It's a shoddy script that has to count the number of players in zone, then spawn that many.

It should be simplified to be less intensive.