Arx Raid 4

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deillusional, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Deillusional Augur

Have any that been working on this had fv go emo on ognit and kill him?
  2. guado Augur

Emo? I was thinking something along the lines of shark week.
  3. Axxius Augur

Yes. Every time so far. At some random point FV remembers how much she hates gnomes, walks slowly and deliberately towards Ognit, and then... GNOMERCY! :mad:
  4. Absor Developer

That's very odd. Never happened during any of my testing. I'll look into it. The only reason I can think this might happen is Ognit is casting some sort of spell that is hitting Firiona.

Thanks for the info.

A
  5. Axxius Augur

Seems to happen when the enemy that Firiona was targeting gets mezzed. She then randomly chooses another NPC to attack. And Ognit is not excluded from that list.

Absor, please check your Inbox for more feedback.
  6. Absor Developer

Thanks. That might narrow it down.
  7. Absor Developer

Lol. Found it. I was trying to make sure she didn't sit by the sideline, so I had her pick someone that a PC was targeting and has her attack that target. Never occurred to me that someone might have Ognit targeted. :p

Fixing it. Will go live... some time.

A
    Synisca, Edrick and Romance like this.
  8. Axxius Augur

Haha! Yeah, totally no reason to ever target Ognit... ;)

Thanks for addressing it quickly! Also WTB a fix for the snare bug.
  9. Absor Developer

I'll check it, but just now I've gotten us into a weird state. Because we're hotfixing the zone soon, I can't mess with the data until that's done. So I will look at it after that's over.

A
  10. Deillusional Augur

There is also a raid 3 bug that I will pm you about later today absor.
  11. Apoc Augur

Im curious why the npcs that attack dont have a set command you have to give them to send them in to attack kind of annoyying having FV attack everything tbh.
  12. Maeryn Augur

That's the purpose of most raid mechanics.
  13. Apoc Augur

Or atleast a way to set who she assists so shes not just assisting some random person .
  14. Iila Augur

Is that fixing the other Arx4 issue that we've been reporting?
  15. Absor Developer

The challenge is to keep her alive. If she doesn't engage there is no challenge.

A
  16. Deillusional Augur

Maybe give her an option to attack a different npc?
  17. Apoc Augur

I guess i never really noticed her rushing every mob on raid 1 thru 3 I know the mobs rush her . The whole raid honestly seems a mess you have mobs that are snareable that has no affect with an anti kite mechanism how does that make sense?
  18. Axxius Augur

Anti-kite mechanics in AM events are pretty bad. Any time a mob cannot hit its target - it immediately decides that it's being kited and fires the anti-kite spells.
    • the mob pushes the tank 1 step out of melee range
    • the mob casts an AE gflux
    • the mob teleports away from the player
    • the mob goes active at the start of its phase, and the 1st target it selects is not in melee range
    • the script makes the mob switch aggro to a new target that's not in melee range
    • the mob kills its target and picks a new one that's not in melee range
    • the mob's target is summoned by another mob
    All of these situations happen in Arx Mentis raids, none of them have anything to do with kiting, but the anti-kite mechanics fire immediately.
  19. Rafather Augur

Anti kiting is good, now for the anti pet mechanics from PoWar to be added.
  20. Kreacher Augur

You should remove the ability to BDA/Cascading DA on these NPC's.