Artisan's Prize

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gizaton, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Gizaton New Member

Since legit pop progression is required and there are no AoC's... and of course people have the pop raid boss respawn timers and kill them all instantly, is it safe to say there's no real way to get the aug?
  2. Drakang Augur

No. Have seen a lot of people work through the progression and get the aug done. Just have to constantly check the planes for the ones you need and maybe make friends with others working it to share kills. Announce in General channels when your about to kill one if people need credit and they will return the favor.
  3. Dewey Augur

Did this on 6 toons. It is very easy to get this aug, almost too easy in my opinion.

For what this aug is; it's awesome. The work involved is not that bad at all. As for pop flagging; you've had 16 years to get that done.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I 5 boxed it. Was not terrible just a time sink. Plan to stay in the planes and farm the mats needed to evolve the Aug once you get it. Frequently bounce between planes to check for bosses you need for progression while mass killing everything in site. If you box divide and conquer. I had tons in multiple plane waiting for a boss to spawn while killing the slow respawns. As stated call out in general to help others and they might return the favor.
  5. svann Augur

If you have any alts that can get there have them log there so they can pop in and check. If the alt has tracking even better. And Im fairly certain that they dont pop on a precise timer, there is a large +/- to it.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

At this stage we are overpowered and most are swift take downs even just 2 boxing. So it is just a issue of waiting. When I wanted to get the access to get to Manaetic Behemoth I had to wait till after fabled Xanamech Nezmirthafen had left the game because I could not take down that fabled version of him by myself.

Now my block is Manaetic Behemoth. Although my main has him from years ago my alts would like to get him down also but I can't figure a way to box all those spiders.

I have requested help a few times when MB was up but most everyone on my server has passed this portion when Artesian aug first came out or have no interest in it.

I could always do alternate access but wanting to go the old fashioned route.
  7. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Took me about a month to get all the bosses on my toon on Xegony. It's not bad really and was kinda fun to revisit old content I hadn't seen in years. A little bit of a pain trying to catch them up but players on our server were also cool enough to let folks know in General chat that the planar projections were up if anyone needed or even gave advance notice at times so folks could make their way over in time.
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

I don't know what level or class you are, so it is hard to say for sure that this is a solution for you, but:

If you stand under the MB and just constantly check each of the two doors, pairs of the spiders will enter the room (sometimes two pairs per side, sometimes one). If you kill those as they appear, you're good. I don't know their exact hit point total, but it is under 100k each.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  9. Redemption Lorekeeper

i know it is possible because i have seen others get it but i keep running into ppl who kill the flag mobs just because. i have been working on pop flags for over 6 months. last 2 weeks just on torment and still not done. would be great to have a new system in place for this. even if it were just an achievement check box to help keep track of stuff.
  10. Elskidor Augur

Live servers really need AoC. Yeah, its possible but there's a giant handful of mobs perma camped on many servers. Good luck.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Monkman Augur

Or you can do what I did when I did AP on my alt...

Free transfer to Zek

Do all your flagging in ~2-3hrs because the population on that server is so small and nobody kills the POP gods..

Then use DBC to transfer back to home server 24hrs later.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Worked for me. Guild members have killed a few pop gods over the past few days, and took the time to ask general if anyone needed it before they did the kill. I don't know what server you are on, but BB seems to play nice on these.
  13. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

What's AoC?
  14. Nniki Augur

Agent of Change.
  15. Tiggold Augur

I'm grateful I accomplished mine on EMarr. Guilds in force aligned with casual unguilded/guilded players grouped together and formed an "alliance" to announce spawns and request more people enter for flags etc. For the most part it worked to high success. I suggest doing this. Request to be part of it if it already exists or start it. Create a channel, exchange PH#'s if you have to. Z and I exchanged numbers and we texted each other at least once during this when we were taking sleeping shifts. Sounds so ridiculous as I type it out but I had so much fun during this month of flagging.
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  16. Allayna Augur

The OP was a bit dramatic about the never getting the aug....but the point being made is viable...why has it not been instanced on live servers yet?
    xcitng likes this.
  17. Hannah Journeyman

I'm working through PoP progression on The Rathe. Every god I've needed has been up for me to kill. If people are killing them on your server just because, that is the real problem, not lack of AoC. (although I wish I could say the same about Emperor, Cursed, and AoW)

...Hannah...
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I honestly don't see why limited AOCs for some of this really old content can't be introduced at this point.
  19. Goodn Augur

...because some of us don't want Agents of Change on our perfectly fine live servers.

If someone is keeping a boss on lockdown, who cares...be there and hail the planar projection (you don't have to be in raid or group to get the flag). But as others have pointed out, most of the bosses can be found up with a little (or no) work. In my quick survey on Xegony last week (Friday evening), I found 5 flagging events up and ready to go...and that was with zero work except the run time (and yes, I left them up).

Socialization is good for the game. Helping others, joining together for common causes, asking for help - all of these things make the game vibrant and alive. I don't know what life is like on the TLPs, but on Xegony, the PoP flagging is one of the rare instances of player cooperation and collaboration.

Every single second the devs spend on things like this, is a second we don't get for new material or bug fixes. I know where my priority is...
  20. Monkman Augur

There is no reason whatsoever that live servers should not have AoCs for some older content such as TOV and Vex Thall, I just recently got a circlet of disguise after about 2 years of on and off checking. People still camp these zones religiously either for clickies or twink loot and often times will not share spawn times for the sole reason of knowing when it will respawn.

I’ve brought alts to TOV before to gear them up with some non lvl cap gear and am never surprised when nothing is up.