artisan wares drop missing from game - permafrost

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Masse The Butcher, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

I still pay for it though dont I? what exactly is your point? because of the price we pay which is about $12/15 a month, plus the expansions we buy every year that comes to about $185/$225 a year, because thats peanuts to "you" we should just expect to be ignored when asking for help or insight on broken content? that "low low price" <sarcasm> entitles the devs and GMs to flat out ignore us? wow. do you have an artisan aug? if you did you would know how much goes into getting it. there is no quest in this game that even comes close to it in terms of effort. its the best item in the game and currently its broken due to a bug that was brought up a over a year ago and was never fixed. because of that we are all just stuck and in the dark about when its going to be fixed or what is going to happen. i happen to feel that we are being treated very unfairly and i have every right to bring that up cause this is a product i pay for.
    is it really so hard to talk to us and say. 'guys we're aware of the issue, we are doing this, and doing that to fix it?" thats too much to ask? is it really so hard to just put the item on us if we petition? its a ground spawn that repops every 10 seconds or so in a lvl 50 zone for a quest that requires a massive undertaking. its not like this is some super leet loot that we are trying to hustle onto our character.
    my advice bandwidth is go do erons jewlery, aid grimel, solstice earing quests, max every tradeskill you have then evolve a grandmaster trophy to 7/7 and then find out there is a ground spawn not popping and you cant continue and then get ignored about it when you try to get some help, see how that makes you feel!
    so anyways now that that's been said. has anybody had any luck on any of the servers? its still not showing up on Drinal, really hoping tomorrows patch is going to fix this issue.
  2. Dreadmore Augur

Sorry to hear about your frustration. It really is such a petty thing that it is a big obstacle. But unfortunately it probably is very hard to acknowledge or fix this issue with the immediacy you're looking for. They most likely just do not have the resources, and this is just the nature of tech issues and tech support. They must be reviewed, prioritized, investigated, and QAed, and they probably all come in on one queue so you are in a long line.

Is this really the last thing you need? Have all the artisan seals and everything ready to hand in?

I don't know if the respawn issue will get fixed with the next patch, but hopefully a server reset makes it spawn at least initially. Just make sure you're first to get it!
  3. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

patch fixed whatever was not working on Drinal. the piece has been picked up and has reappeared about 20 seconds later.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I totally, completely, 100% understand what you're saying. And I already indicated I empathize with your plight.

The rub here is that you need to have some perspective. This isn't Verant or SOE in the heyday throes of EverQuest popularity where a staff of 300 stood ready to respond to any and all problems. I'd be surprised if there were a total of more than 15 people working on EQ right now. Your money is hard-earned and I never implied $200/yr was peanuts. However, it's not a lot of money either.

DBG has struck a balance, for better or worse, with EQ. The subscriber base at this point is miniscule, thereby so is the support structure. I'm sorry you had to wait to complete the quest you worked so hard on. But really, it was like a week. Relax. It sounds like you're having less fun than you should.
  5. svann Augur

Oh please. If this was an exploit they would have servers down 15 min, 1min, boom

Look, I understand that sometimes they cant move as fast as people like and when that happens THEY should say so. Please dont volunteer information for them that you dont know is accurate.
  6. Dreadmore Augur

OK, but you remember that black pearl thing with the last anniversary event and they knew about it and they didn't do anything until the next patch? And the whole Fell Foliage thing, suspended accounts but didn't fix it until the next patch?