Artisan Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jun 25, 2016.

1. EnchFWO Augur

The fails are intentional.
  2. Badhand Elder

OMG... a "Forest Kangon Head" just dropped for me off a Verdantbeak Cub. Probably haven't even killed 20.
    roguerunner and EnchFWO like this.
  3. Vdidar Augur

That's not the norm lol
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

A few months ago, back before this quest was even in the game, I was in the process of making all of the mounted head items to decorate our guildhall. When I went to try and get the forest kangon head, no one else was even in the zone and it only took me 3 or 4 kills to get one to drop.

Yesterday, I saw someone trying to sell one for nearly 600k plat. In fact, he was trying to sell all of the rare drops (krakon eye, iridescent scales, etc.) for around half a mil plat each. Ah, those pesky tradeskill profiteers.
  5. Badhand Elder

Maybe it isn't as rear as I was reading. I just got another one. So that's 2 today in around 40-50 kills.
  6. Shimmerleaf Augur

Got 3 Forest Kangon heads in 30 mins today. All my characters are covered for it.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I got mine off the first pull of them too. Is that kind of luck like getting 2 Pyrilen Flames in one round of spawns?
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

we do not know each other, but I hate you !! :p jk but yea 2 days and counting so far on that
  9. Badhand Elder

There is no luck involved with some of the people I've seen hunting for Forest Kangon Heads. One zap and they are almost dead. For me and my group armor/weapons it takes a bit longer.

If we were the only ones to write down our statistical odds you would get a stat like Mrowro Wirewisker dropping an "Ice of Velious" 25 percent of the time. But, no, it fell off "a train" in Highpass Hold, if you're looking for that for your Smithing. Getting 4 Pyrilen Flames, 4 Bazu Bloods and an Ice of Velious for my Artisans of Smithing took quite a while. Here's hoping I do not fail the combines or I will be crying.

Keep trying MrMajesty it will drop for you. :).
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  10. MrMajestykx Augur

all good Badhand, my luck in game is often lamented and well documented, pretty epic the crap rng i get on drops lol.
  11. booser Journeyman

We need a good ol bump on this one. I'm sure many still use it!
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for posting this. I'm just getting started on all this (well, reading up to prepare to get started :) )

Just one question... you also have to have your epics done, and epic retelling, too, correct? But you can do the initial Artisan's Wares, and get the individual seal quests, without anything else being done. Correct?

Tat
  13. Frael Elder

To break it down simply;

Prequest: Do earring of solstice quest, Aid Grimel quest, Erons Jewelry quest.
    Step 1: Obtain and turn in the 16 ground spawns.
    Step 2: Get the Artisans prize quest from Lebounde
    Step 3: Obtain artisans seals (buy or have someone make for you)
    Step 4: Turn in seals, and follow dialogue steps. (geerlok hammer or similar needed to equip)

That's the absolute bare minimum you have to do to complete quest.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

2 questions:

You don't mention the epics, and Epic Retelling. Aren't they required in there somewhere? Lots of mentions of those at the beginning of the thread.

Does Aid Grimel really have to be done before your step one? Cause that will take months, while in the meantime, I can do the seals, with maxed TS skills and trophies.

Tat
  15. Frael Elder

You do not need to do epic retelling.

You do not HAVE to do Aid Grimel first, but if you turn in the 16 ground spawns before the 3 tradeskill quests, he will not offer anything further to you until they have been finished, so you cannot make the seals, or items needed for the seals. You can however, do the precombines for the seal steps, and any farming you need while you wait for the flags (I assume that you need) to do Aid Grimel.

If you do have PoP flags needed for Aid Grimel, the entire quest can be done in a few hours or less.
  16. segap Augur

I got the seal tasks and made some before I had any of the three earrings made. You can do those in parallel with the seals.
  17. Frael Elder

That's my mistake, you can get the seal tasks if you have 300 in the relevant tradeskill, plus maxed trophy.

You cannot get the Artisans Prize quest unless you have the 3 tradeskill quests done. Sorry for the confusion.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

So, this part of the OP was incorrect then?

That and a few other posts are where I got the idea that epic retelling had to be done first.

Tat
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I don't think it is required. However, completing the ornament will show who made it. It'll say Made By: Lebounde ab Dolmen. Which made us think when this quest broke out that there was more to this wandering artisan in Everfrost than met the eye.

edit: Plus, there are (ice) Dolmens in Everfrost.
  20. Vdidar Augur

The epic retelling is what gave clues for the ground spawns you pick up. Since all classes are done now you do not have to do it as we know the love of the ground spawns.