Armor ornament request...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

There are a lot of ornament sets in the game, and I want to collect them, but there are just too many (to save them all).

I would like to see an item, available in the game (not just DBC), that lets me bundle my ornament sets (unlike the current DBC item, they stay no-trade).

For example...

If I have the ToV cloth chest, pants, sleeves, etc, (that I have equipped and are now no-trade) put them into the box and click combine, I get a no-trade ToV Cloth Ice Ornament container. This container would be no-trade and could be put into another bag. When this item is opened/claimed, it turns into that same box that has all the items from the no-trade set. Just click combine to close it back up again.

It would be nice if I could put these boxes into my ornament key ring. There are dozens of these and if I can have these boxes I can collect them and store them in my key ring.

I think the best way to handle this is to add them to the expansion specific vendor or the overseer vendor, or both. Expansion specific boxes means extra dev work so the same box for everything makes sense.

I do realize there are some issues...

- I realize that this would require the creation of what is basically a tradeskill recipe, but it would be only 4 or 8 per expansion (group and raid versions). Suggestions include Starting with TOV and work backwards time permitting, or create the recipes by the order of the ACH window. Announce in patch notes.
    - This would be a set TS combine so the player would have to have the entire set to use a box. Casters have a robe and a chest and I speculate to keep the number of recipes down they would need to put both into the box to combine it.
    - EoK might be an issue because they are dyeable. Not sure about this one.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if the devs could consider this. I don't want to equip these for the ACH and then destroy them or w/e. They are great items to collect but there's just no way to keep them. They are visible so having a way to store them efficiently would be such a huge QOL improvement.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've been asking for a way to get the containers in-game for a while now. Having the only option be from the DB store gets expensive. The "packed" suits using the item in the store can be put into the keyring so it does help a good bit to store them. I very rarely unpack a suit once it's combined as it's already expensive enough to pack all the suits to begin with, having to spend more money every time I want to change suits is more than I want to spend.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Duder like this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yeah, that is the issue I see too. However, the DBC items remove the no-trade tag. Being able to trade a no-trade item breaks the game lore, so I wont complain about it costing DBC to do it. I don't even think un-attuners should be in the game. It also make sense for the DBC item to be one time use.

What sucks is that, as you pointed out you never open them again because of their cost, it defeats the purpose for people like us. Why keep something we don't have access too?

What I am suggesting is almost identical, except that it's available in game, it does not remove the no-trade tag and is reusable.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Let's add the ornament suit consolidator to Overseer merchant!
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I agree. The only issue is that it removes the no-trade status and is not reusable. That situation will make the cost very inflated for collectors (like myself) who want to keep the items.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Why would it inflate the cost? Rare ornament pieces are already expensive. If anything, this would REDUCE the cost and increase availability.