Armor Look Suggestion-Visible Slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tendonslicer, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Tendonslicer New Member

Something I figured would help reinvigorate enthusiasm to play would be to allow more flexibility with the way armor looks. For example.

Cleric can make its plate BP (or chest slot) have a chain look. Or a shaman can do the same by altering its chain boots to look like plate boots or alter its feet slot to look like plate boots. Regardless if they had chain boots equipped, the slot would be designated to appear as if the boots were plate, cloth, leather, etc.

Some kind of potion or something that can be bought via the SC store that would allow players this kind of flexibility would be a great. How possible would it be to implement a feature like this?
  2. Riou EQResource

Hero's Forge almost does this (1200 SC per toon you want it on), it just needs to be open more to fully customizable.
  3. Rashari Elder

I'd appreciate to have the ability to tickle /on /off what piece of armor is shown and what not,
    like it's currently already with the helm slot.

The picture is wearing the no-stats piece from Master Hunter Jilare in SL
    (Ringmail Coat of the Harbringers; ALL/ALL)
    - and fits a ton better than the current Cloth or Leather Chest available for Casters.

Plus, giving the opportunity to tickle Legs off, makes it look like a skirt. I like it.

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/q6igwayx/Armor.jpg
  4. Derd Augur

Your idea sounds like a ton of work programing wise but there is hero's forge and it does offer a lot of different looks. It's also getting a redo as to size and how it "fits" and this was the most recent post i could find on a time frame. It also included another new feature that had not been discussed as coming with the refit.

Soon™ (maybe even the next patch!)
    Plate and chain ornaments will also become interchangable like leather and cloth are when the updated models are released.
    Chandrok, Monday at 5:29 PM
  5. Cakvala Augur

I wish they would assign a hero's forge slot to shoulders, i bet they could make some mean looking pieces that way.