Argiz Hiz

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Jan 13, 2015.

1. blood & gufts Augur

Heard there were a nerf of the raid of Argiz Hiz.

Nerf should be that there has been put a massive DS on the imps, so doing melee should result in instant death.

Also heard that people stopped doing the raid, or at least a large amount done that

If thats true, how many are still doing the event, and how many has stopped doing it ?

Last question, are there same type of ds on imps in the mission ?
  2. Taiqwon Augur

It's still very doable it just slows you down. Melee have to use offhand only to avoid the DS. Just another variation on the ridiculous anti-melee tactics being used today.
  3. Pwnography Augur

We still farm T2 CoTF. Why? War Augs and stuff to do, I presume. This expansion isn't exactly full of raids. This raid isn't any more difficult than it was before. All you do is vinelash out the adds, mezz, whatever and ranged dps them down while your tanks use no-damage primaries. You had to control the adds before anyways - now you just kill them slower by watching your monks throw daggers and stuff. On first release, the guild I was in didn't know how to negate the DS anyways and that's how they learned it.

So, yeah, your melee can't melee during P2. That isn't exactly a difficulty increase - its a time sink increase.
  4. Savager Augur

Why are you throwing? Even with a non damage in primary you'd do more dps than throwing.
  5. sojuu Augur

I throw to increase my skill with the level cap increase ;p
  6. sojuu Augur

7. Crystilla Augur

To Savager's point, you most definitely can melee this. Just don't use a weapon in your primary hand .. and monks, don't kick (a friendly reminder for one of my own monks /hugs).

(Teasing Sojuu but even I maxxed throwing off Neriak 2 raid :p , that's an event for range, the first phase of it at least)
  8. Pwnography Augur

You're absolutely right that using offhand only to bypass the damage shield for most melee classes is ideal. I use a ton of rhetoric and over-exaggeration as a general rule. Yes, you probably shouldn't be chucking daggers if you dual wield. :p

My main point, however, is that what you're really seeing for most guilds is an additional time sink as opposed to any real increase in difficulty.
  9. Crystilla Augur

For some of us regular folk, we never knew you could avoid the DS (aka as mentioned on the other thread, we always reverse DS'd the mobs like we do every event and therefore there is no extra time taken). :)
  10. Voth Elder

11. guado Augur

#You Idiots!

disclaimer: that was what imps used to shout before they fixed the dialogue. sooooooo.......