Argin Hiz Ember Mobs are casting a new spell Cooling Crust

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tallanor-emarr, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Tallanor-emarr Journeyman

Argin Hiz ember mobs including named mobs are now casting a new spell

Cooling Crust - 12,000 hp Damage Shield, 200,000 Damage Absorb

Don't recall ever seeing experiencing this spell prior to the patch, anyone have any knowledge about this, whether this is intended, or something that is not new and I just never noticed it.
  2. Nniki Augur

Hehe, yes, this was quite a surprise, I must say.
  3. Axxius Augur

But technically, CotF xp was not nerfed! :p
  4. Urnihixul New Member

Is the 12k DS intended? (Maybe 1200 DS?) It takes no time to eat through a hasted melee. I have fought through all the partisan tasks, and two of the three mercenary tasks, and it has only happened to me twice, but it seems so out of balance with the casting mobs' strength.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  5. Barbwarrior Augur

seems legit off tank with attack off and have a caster nuke it down easy
  6. Orbital101 Augur

They were casting it before even have 'grows a skin of cooling magma.' ATed because i wiped a few time of it. The DS doesnt give you much time to react as a tank. They warent casting it often so not sure if they increased the chance since then... even so i was there a 3 weeks ago for about 6 hrs without them casting it.
  7. Urnihixul New Member

I have finished all but the hero missions there, and it has only been cast twice. You must act /really/ fast, especially if you are boxing a melee and controlling a tank merc. Nuking it down isn't possible for all groups, although certainly so for those with casters. You have to do 200k of damage just to remove the damage absorption. Again, it isn't that this spell cannot be guarded against, it is that it seems terribly unbalanced for the mobs that cast it.
  8. Conjurous_AB Elder

I have been killing Master Sage Lowenn and the adds are casting it alot, wiped at least once cus of it, and cus named buffs the adds with a huge resist buff u can't even dispell it till the buff is gone. In the end i pretty much reverse DS every add soon as they popped.