Are you staying on Mangler?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, May 4, 2020.

1. Creedmonk Augur

Staying on Mangler... There's nothing new coming from either of the new servers so just not worth it to me... Can't believe the just made another Phinny clone again... no faster unlocks, no exp boost, no nothin'
  2. Beep Elder

2 on Rizlona and 1 on Aradune to report anyone that doesn't respond to my tells. Can't wait.
    Goburs likes this.
  3. ajschliewe Elder

Well maybe PoR, but DoN and DoDH have a lot of content to do. DoN to complete progression requires Vish to be done many times and that can be a challenging fight for any guild. "Shoulder my burden". On top of that it goes over the holidays.

As for DoDh, you have the mask quest that needs like 24 different "missions" to complete. +50 to all resist AA is absolutely nothing to sneeze at and that you can get the 5 separate pieces back, means you have 5 instant clickie buffs to go in your first five buff slots. And that each is only 8 weeks long and each will likely have people going on vacations during either or both expacs makes them both fun expacs.

Yes PoR will suck especially with no AAs. But was fun on phinny doing outer loop in Sverag burning lesson for some quick AAs if you needed them.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

I really hope I am. I actually like mangler and don't want to see it die.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

That is hilarious. Mean, but hilarious.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

I would like to see a change to unlock schedule on TLPs. For expacs that have no exp progression, such as LDoN, I would like to see them last only four weeks. GoD is fine at eight weeks because it at least has some nice AA to grind. TBH, they could start releasing LDoN at the same time as PoP and I wouldn't be upset.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

It's always fun to watch subsequent TLPs and their progression speed and population curves. Some of you are saying Mangler is dead soon. There is a better chance that EQ sunsets in the next 4-5ish years before the population on Mangler gets to the point of less than one viable guild remaining.

Mangler is about 66% of the relative guilds that Phinigel had at this point. 12 guilds appear to have cleared Quarm on Mangler, 20 had cleared it on Phinigel (in respective eras). Timing is about similar - 10/12 (83%) of guilds on Mangler killed Quarm within the first 5 weeks of the first guild clearing it. Phinigel had 16/20 (80%) on the same benchmark.

https://manglerprogress.com/
    https://phinnyprogress.com/

I anticipate with subsequent potentially attractive rulesets, Mangler will experience a similar (likely upwards of 50% expedited) attrition compared to Phinny. It will likely maintain 40-70% of the relative guilds that Phinny had in it's respective eras, which isn't bad at all. If you can make it in a good solid group with a focused team for years out, that's already amazing.

Have fun, and be excellent to one another. It's all about the memories - It's a long journey, a fulfilling one!
    Skuz likes this.
  8. NinjutsuMMO Augur

making a new lvl 1 for Agnarr !
  9. Trizek Augur

Playing on Rizlona, gonna 3 box my Warrior(main) Cleric, and Enchanter while the server is healthy. Once the Warrior is decked out in raid gear, and the server begins to die out I'll go ahead and make 3 DPS and continue playing whilst not having to run 6 unique PC's
  10. Dilf Augur

My guild is staying on Mangler, and so I am. Although I'm sure most of us will roll on Aradune to mess around and compete for HG and Seafury farming.

P.S. I see at least a couple of guilds not listed in manglerprogress that have killed Quarm. PALS, Cake Bots, etc.
  11. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

I will be setting 5 of my boxes to /follow the GMs around and then report them.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  12. Machen New Member

Keep in mind though. The players on Mangler are by and large players that didn't want to play much past PoP on Phinigel or Agnarr or Coirnav. They've jumped ship several times already and probably will again. I expect a bigger attrition hit than Phinny saw going into Gates/OoW.
    Skuz and Warrior007 like this.
  13. Ruination Elder

I don't get why someone would cheat vs not having to if they don't play with others in the first place.
  14. KimchiGoddess Augur

I plan to continue with my Mangler characters in that I play with a friend and we have invested into these characters and he does not want to start again. That being said we only play together a couple times a week, so I'm going to start new characters on Aradune to play during my own playtime. I have no interest in Rizlona as I generally only box 2-3 so the limit of 2 isn't going to impact me much.

That being said, I am concerned we will still see the same botting RMTers on Aradune regardless of the rules. How they'll be dealt with and how long they'll be an issue for (and if they'll be a repetitive issue as let's face it these people keep their krono separate from their bots and can easily get going again) remains to be seen. I'm hopeful, but also wary.
  15. Minpire Augur

I will be Rerolling On Aradune! & Normally there is always a GREAT number of people saying they won't but they always reroll or QUIT current server and come in before/at luclin. ;):p
  16. Jontrann Augur

People ALWAYS say they will stick to their current server but as we have seen MANY MANY times its a different story when you see your population dwindle within a week.

LegendaryChris was the biggest supporter of coirnav and said he would never reroll on a different server that if coirnav died he wouldn't play eq anymore, then selos launched and he was seen playing there 2 weeks later and now hes coming back for aradune.

TLDR: What people say and do are 2 different things and its the reason why we will never see another TLP that was a success like phinny was.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  17. Hinastorm86 Augur

No truebox is a huge change for anyone wanting to box. But ya, I would of liked to see some selo tier rulesets.

I know I know, everyone has a ruleset they like, but i'd love to see selo, but no truebox, 2 month unlocks, and FV trading. Preferably with some long overdue balance changes as well, but i've all but given up on that.
  18. Hinastorm86 Augur

I like chris, but he made a mistake trying to hang his hat on Coirnav. My god that exp rate
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  19. Iyacc Augur

<MAJOR> is staying on Mangler.
  20. Machen New Member

Nonsense. This was once true but not any more. 100% of raid guilds beat Vishimtar within the first two weeks on Phinny. 18 for 18. Coirnav looks like 100% also, 3 for 3 within the first 2 weeks. Not sure on Selos. When the most casual, poorly organized guilds with inexperienced raid leaders can finish progression and beat Vishimtar within two weeks, it ain't hard.
    Skuz likes this.