Are You New to Norrath, or Perhaps Just Forgotten Your Way? Check out these player-created tutorials

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, May 17, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

SOE recently teamed up with Jethal Silverwing of Kithicor.org to create a series of EverQuest and EverQuest II Tutorial videos! Whether you’re brand new in Norrath or have simply lost your way a bit, these videos will help you get a new character started and off on an adventure! Here’s the first video in the series, Welcome to EverQuest:

See this and other tutorial videos in this series now on the EverQuest YouTube Channel!

Do you make game videos? Check out our new Player Direct program and find out how you can share your talents with SOE!
    artofnoise and RekMMO like this.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

C is the claim window, H is alert history, c is consider, m is the map and h is hail under default settings.

Major omission not to point out appearance can be changed after creation. Fails to mention stat or deity selection. States you have to click the tutorial button which is wrong, clicking it will actually unselect the tutorial.

You should take down the video, it's terrible. Someone watching this will know less about the game than before they watched it.
  3. artofnoise Augur

While I agree it is important to honor the default configuration, things can always be tweaked or future tutorials can focus on further customization. Would I have done things differently had *I* been the creator of the videos? In some areas yes, but overall I think these videos are helpful and entertaining. They try not to bore the viewer and keep things light and fun. I found myself smiling and/or chuckling at least once during each video (1-3).

Nice job, Kithicor crew! :D

I am curious about some of the birds-eye clips, such as the Freeport flyover. They look like they could only have been captured on a private server (ie. with GM controls). Were these provided by SOE and spliced in?
  4. Shregg New Member

These were pretty good, thanks for sharing! Unfortunately our game is still a bit hard to get into as a total newcomer, but I'm glad to see some renewed interest in trying to create resources to ease folks in :)