Are tradeskills going to be completely unfeasible for another month?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Parsli, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Parsli Journeyman

There's a gamebreaking issue with tradeskills where components that are always returned on failure (file, etc) aren't being returned on failure.

Are we going to have to wait another month for this issue to be fixed? I enjoy doing tradeskills, but having to buy another file/smithy hammer/etc is cutting into my profits, skill gain, and enjoyment.
  2. Maedhros High King

The easy answer is that the other 90% of combines that do not require a component that is returned on success of failure are still feasible.
  3. Fohpo Augur

But tradeskills are broken! I can understand it being problematic for people working on 350/Artisan's maxing.
  4. Parsli Journeyman

Correct. Leveling anything lower level is a nightmare right now, and wasting 11 plat on a Smithing Hammer that doesn't stack, on a 5% failure chance, due to a game breaking bug is not my idea of fun on Agnarr right now. I'd assume this affects a ton of recipes on live as well.

I don't even want to attempt the prayer shawl quest right now because you'd lose the shawl on most combines with this bug in.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I don't have an exact answer.
    I can say that the next patch is not a month away.
    eepok likes this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

Thanks for the update Ngreth
    eepok likes this.
  7. Parsli Journeyman

That's fair. Thank you for the update!
    eepok likes this.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Before the attempt is made and lost, will I get my cresta earring back when I fail the combine and it poofs?

When I petition that is?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would hope not we have already had over a week of putting up with tools vanishing. So should be less than 3 weeks till patch.

Jewelcraft is on hold until this is fixed. :(
    Busy loosing my mind doing research......

The optimist says 14th March for patch, pessimist says 21st March.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hehe, wondered why I lost a few Jewelers Glasses last night. Mystery solved :)
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Selling files, 10k pp....
    Metanis and Daedly like this.
  12. GoatMonkey New Member

Yeah I lost some stuff trying to level up my trophies. Was a "wtf?!? ...doh! " moment. I knew of the problem but it slipped my mind.
  13. Moege Augur

Ah you found the vendor that sells them and have faction to buy 100 at a time.

;) Yes there is one...
  14. Thraine Augur

Im really getting tired of losing sewing needles here.

At least move the Small Brick of Steel from surefall glade to PoK temporarily till you guy get this issue fixed? or heck, i dunno, fix the problem since the multitude of EQ players are actively doing tradeskills now that there are new recipes and armor.

I guess ill have to make a sack full of sewing needles for now ..
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Personally, I think they should just move EVERY merchant-sold tradeskill component to PoK. I was doing JC combines the other night, and had to make a run to Thurgadin just for velium bars. Is there really a reason they're only sold there, 17.5 years after that expansion came out?
    adetia likes this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

I keep almost falling into that, then I remember and stop myself. I've decided not to do any tradeskilling until after the next patch.
  17. Captain Video Augur

It's part of the 19th anniversary celebration: Break something which has never previously been broken in the entire 19-year history of the game. Don't worry though, I have it on good authority that Tinkerer Gordish is working on the problem with all due haste.
    Caell likes this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes. Its the Coldain's metal and "intellectual property". They monopolize it :)
    But more seriously:
    A trip to Thurgadin, even if you do not have the potion, is merely 2zones and a short run.
    And you can buy 400 or so, enchant half of those and that carries you far, including failures to learn a recipe.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I AM on JC atm, and all i have lost are two or three cutting tools (vendor sold and "convert" - an annoyance yes, but not more).
    Overall i think JC is one of the best even to do atm.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, of course, I know all that. Not really the point. The point is, pretty much everything else is available in PoK. Why not this one additional item? It's 5 wasted minutes. Not fun, not challenging, not interesting. Just 5 wasted minutes. Let's encourage DBG to remove wasted minutes from our game time.