Are TLP Servers Moving Too Fast? (Proposed Server Idea)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Rothj Augur

The crowd arguing for fast exp and no corpse runs are the same people that played video games with all cheat codes enabled. Sorry, it's a desire for easy content that you can indulge on and blow through in a short time.
  2. Risiko Augur

Not true. I like fast experience and no corpse runs, and I always played with out cheat codes growing up.
    Tymeless, Yinla and Machen like this.
  3. Machen New Member

Same here.
  4. Machen New Member

Attack the messenger, eh?

I heard that people who want slow xp are secretly RMTers who also like to kick their dogs. Of course, I don't really think this, it's just what people are saying.
  5. Rothj Augur

The only reason to argue for faster exp and no corpse runs is so you can blow through the content faster. Selos should have been exactly what this forum always wanted.
  6. Machen New Member

You have a small imagination.
  7. Rothj Augur

You want to get to 50 or 65 and powerfarm all the content on easy mode, or to collect all the raid gear and skip the low level content.
  8. Machen New Member

You have absolutely no idea what I want. Stop trying to tell me.
    Kattria Minx and Iyacc like this.
  9. Risiko Augur

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind your conclusion there. It's impossible for you to know enough to make that conclusion. There's just way too many variables and your talking points are very vague with no depth.

For instance,
    • how fast is "faster exp" for which you refer?
    • What is your definition of experience per hour that is too fast?
    • What is your definition of experience per hour that is just right?
    • What if someone comes along right after you say what your definition of the right experience per hour and says that you want it too fast for their standards? Does that then mean that by your definition of "wanting everything easy mode" that you are in fact the one wanting easy mode?
    Your argument seems a lot more like "I know you are but what am I" than anything truly relating to a constructive discussion. If you would like to have a mature constructive conversation about expectation of time spent playing the game, I'm all for it.
  10. Rothj Augur

It should be balanced similarly to the original game. The reason why is obvious - there isn't enough high end content in eq to support tons of players reaching max level with minimal effort. The game is loaded with 1-20 content that gets blown past on every tlp server. Similarly, corpse runs give the game a sense of danger. Without these two factors in the game raiding and killing high end bosses becomes trivial and devalues the content. Of course there are other issues such as player power being too high, but not every player was meant to actually reach 50, 60 or 65. As a result these servers are a frankenstein speed leveling race where everyone wants to get to max level to "raid", when that isn't even where the difficulty or purpose of eq came from.
  11. Risiko Augur

Are you sure about that? The House of Thule expansion alone has a boat load of content, and that's just one expansion. There's tons of content in the upper end of the game.

Are you referring to number of zones that have mobs to kill in the level 1 to 20 range maybe? Because number of zones, you might have a point, but I really don't think that number of zones equates to amount of content available.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Rothj Augur

I'm only referring to the first few expansions, because I don't care about house of thule and will never play it.
  13. Risiko Augur

Ah. You said "high end content", so I assumed you included all expansions in that statement.

What is the last expansion that you consider worth playing if I might ask?
  14. Rothj Augur

I don't want to get into that specific debate, but I generally only play servers up till about luclin. TLP servers are always at their highest pop and exp is most relevant when its classic only. If they boosted AA exp or nerfed it I wouldn't really have an opinion either way.
  15. Machen New Member

You really have no reason to attribute motives to players when you don't even begin to understand the world in which most of us play.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Rothj Augur

Considering the vast majority of people are ONLY playing pop or pre pop content, I don't see how what you're saying is true. If you play live that's fine but that's a different game than the TLP servers.

Edit: also if youre playing on phinigal, ragefire, miragul or whatever I have zero interest in your servers and you can do whatever you want with them. The only two servers I even consider relevant to myself are mangler and the next tlp.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Plane of Fear has a Beastlord & Berserker set fully implimented, Velious Armors for both are already in too. For all of the other stuff they have options so this gear thing is a complete non-argument.

Yes there would be an oddity in that the Vah Shir which came alongside Beastlords in Luclin could present issues but there could be workarounds with some dev planning & time so it;s certainly not impossible it would need to have the estimated dev time allocated to it into their very hectic schedule.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rothj you really need to better frame your arguments without attacking players who don't want the same things you do, it's intellectually lazy & I'm certain you can do better than that.
  19. Risiko Augur

Where are you getting the numbers for "the vast majority of people ONLY playing on pop or pre pop content" from exactly? DBG has never provided any number for any of the TLP servers ever that I know of. While I like the Classic through Omens of War era of EverQuest, I'm not going to assume that the vast majority of customers only play that era because of my preferences.

That all being said, you do realize there are over 15 servers currently in the 26th expansion of the game right? I have serious doubts that DBG would keep 15+ servers open to house less people than what play on the 8 TLP servers.

I'm afraid your numbers just don't add up to reality.
  20. Rothj Augur

People on these forums will never listen to any well thought out argument that provides a different perspective. They will find some element of your post to discredit you, I've tried. This is the only way to make any effective points.