Are TLP Servers Moving Too Fast? (Proposed Server Idea)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Jontrann Augur

I know most people think 3 months is already a long time but hear me out.

Was talking to a legit "NEW" player in the game tonight and he asked me why people kept rerolling on every new tlp and why they did it and which i replied that daybreak lives off bags and exp pot sales to keep the game afloat so they release yearly TLP servers to get more revenue. Losing players and the fact the game world gets even bigger with every expansion makes the world feel less "full" which in turn makes even more people quit. So my question is, should they go back to harder TLP servers with stuff like 6 month unlocks, corpse runs, slow exp, etc, but just leave the AoCs in.

My Proposed Server (Only do this if another TLP doesn't release for 3 years)

Server Name: Aradune

Standard Ruleset
    No Truebox
    AoC
    Corpse Runs
    Slow Exp, P99 Slow
    6 Month Expansion Unlocks
    Beastlords and Berserkers Unlocked At Launch

People will actually enjoy earning and working hard for their stuff and who cares about truebox now and days? People get around that anyways. Also having beastlords and berserkers available at launch will only tempt players more and you really don't need to add anything except spell vendors to make this a viable thing. Now obviously this server won't be for the PVPers or Racers but it will literally be for anyone else as P99 would actually have some competition.

This server would basically be p99 but with QoL additions. Would you guys even play on a server like that if daybreak promised not to release another TLP for years?
    skattabrainz and Sirhc like this.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

3. HoodenShuklak Augur

It wouldn't be the worst server out, or even bottom hall half.

Why not at this point...
    skattabrainz likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

Please no. This is exactly the sort of server that would fail hard and then the lack of truebox would be blamed, when really it is the xp and corpse runs and long unlocks.

We've been there and done that on six month unlocks, people think they want it until they actually experience it.
    Ulrin, Skuz and Bardy McFly like this.
  5. Jontrann Augur

So your ok with how things currently are? people hit max level in a week get bored and quit till the next tlp comes around in 6 months, Rinse and repeat because thats how the TLP cycle goes.

A lot of people want an eq server they can call home for years to come but that's just not gonna happen with how unrewarding TLPs currently are and with how often new TLPs get released.
  6. Machen New Member

We've seen how a slow xp server fares. People get frustrated when they can just log into a different server and get 2-3x faster xp.
    Skuz and Bardy McFly like this.
  7. Jontrann Augur

I mean the 1st iteration TLPs were great except they didn't have AoCs or Pickzones.
  8. Machen New Member

If by the first iteration, you mean Ragefire, the players on that server begged the devs to switch from 6 months to 3 months after being stuck with 6 month unlocks for a few xpacs.
    Ulrin and Skuz like this.
  9. Bailen Augur

I
    I would play on a new server with P99 like xp and corpse runs. One of the things that hurt Agnarr, imho, is that leveling was too fast.

Kind of like P99, except with modern QoL improvements. No Beasties and Zerkers on launch though.
  10. Jontrann Augur

I'm almost 100% sure that didn't happen until the whole pop/loy/ldon era at least not for the majority and which we all know that those 3 should be bundled together anyways but that's a different topic for another day.
  11. Machen New Member

The change was made around then, but players were begging for it for a long time before it was made.
  12. Machen New Member

In fact there was enough complaining even before the end of classic that Roshen promised a vote to change to faster lockouts. It just took them a long while to implement it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/when-are-we-getting-the-vote-to-vote.227210/
  13. Tizim New Member

Want a legit classic server that would make the name Aradune proud?

Server Name: Aradune

Starts in Classic: March 16 2020
    Kunark: April 24 2021
    Velious: Dec. 5 2021
    Either keep it in Velious forever, or a year and reset the server until certain criteria are met, or release each expansion, Luclin and beyond, in the exact time frame as it did on live.

Truebox: On
    AoC: Off
    Corpse Runs: Perferred off
    Very Slow XP
    No Maps
    No Parcel
    No Pickzones
    Krono: Not activated, but that wont happen. Add a premium fee($5)to play on this server. Meaning Krono will still work but you still need to pay the $5 to play on the server.
  14. Heartland Augur

Dont argue with Machen. He's so right, he can reply twice in a row quoting the same post with different arguments
  15. Rothj Augur

I would want this server, but the forums hate any server that is remotely difficult or time consuming. They want their servers to be like mcdonalds.
  16. Jontrann Augur

This server already exists and its called p99. Most people like myself don't play there because we do enjoy some QoL improvements that come with the tlp servers like ingame maps and AoC's.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Did Coirinav with slow exp, hard pass. It seems great till you realize 90% of the player base is casual and you end up waiting for everyone to catch up so you can raid..
    Skuz likes this.
  18. sumnayin Augur

I always stop reading when I read "hear me out," that isn't an argument that makes me want to hear you out.
  19. sumnayin Augur

and then they complain that the server is dead because everyone burns out
  20. Jontrann Augur

And yet you're essentially agreeing with me that servers are too easy.