Are there +hate mods that are druid usable?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Tarrin, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

Title says it. I don't think there is based on what I have seen looking through lucy and raidloot. Just wanted to make sure before I gave up.
  2. Gannen Elder

Druids have a nuke that adds hate (the nuke that does both cold and fire base)... imagine twincasting that one... for a single encounter. the Winter's Flame line of spells...

There is a weapon augment that does do a hate proc in serpent spine for all/all somewhere... Rage moss? Anger II proc.

if you group with an enchanter, they do get spells to boost hate and even auras that do the same... they even have an illusion they can put on you for a short time that procs a hate boost (trickster's augmentation) that procs Trickster's Torment (has half of the hate power as that weapon augment above, but it's still there, I sometimes use Tricksters when I need to boost someone's attention for NPC's)...
  3. Iila Augur

The hate masks aren't all/all, so if you want help to hold aggro, you'll need buffs from an sk, enc or rogue.

And the actual best ways to generate aggro as a druid are twincast dots and healing yourself. Those both generate hate based on dmg/healing done, nukes give aggro based on the spell's base dmg.
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Healing only really gives good aggro if you're low on health when you do it, and even then, if you've bought your subtlety AAs, you can kiss most of heal aggro goodbye. Mobs need to make intelligence checks to notice healing, too, which is why sometimes you don't get put into combat by healing. DoTs are not subject to the mob noticing you cast it, but more importantly, subtlety only works on the initial tick of a DoT, and those thereafter generate full aggro, which is why they're such a hate magnet (and why necros need to FD so much).

Anger II weapon proc is 400 hate, but Enraging Blow which you can get from the DoN vendors on a Deep Crust Fire Geode is 700 hate. Chaotic Strike IV from a Faerie Hex stone is 575 hate. Jade of the Ether from Sverag is 460 AE hate. The highest aggro sympathetic proc last time I checked was still Donup's Sympathetic Stone from Underfoot, which procs Sympathetic Chaos VI, which should be 625 hate.

The other thing you can use is Glyph of Angry Thoughts - 1: Increase Spell and Bash Hate by 30%. This, of course, requires having enough AAs to burn glyphs, but if you have the AAs for it, you can maintain glyph of angry thoughts, as it lasts for 10 minutes and refreshes in 5.

Sometimes what you don't do is as important as what you do do- for example, don't rely on your stuns to generate or maintain hate. Roar is fine because it's also a big nuke, but your pure stun is a waste of time unless you're just using it to get on the aggro list, since stuns were revamped a long time ago (along with changes to a lot of debuff lines in aggro generation) and don't generate nearly as much aggro as they used to. This is why paladin stuns had to be reworked with special hate values so that they could still rely upon them for their aggro. Speaking of getting on the aggro list, knowing how hate works is important if you're wanting to hold it, like the fact that your initial action that gets you on the hate list is capped in how much aggro it generates unless it has a hate override value (Which Winter's nukes do not, incidentally- it's not the same SPA), or that the first person on the hate list of a mob has a hate bonus.

Are you looking to toe-to-toe tank? If you are, defensive procs are handy too, and those melee procs will actually mean something, as there's no reason not to turn melee on for in between casts when you're toe to toe with a mob. If you're holding aggro from a distance, melee procs of course, will do nothing, including things like Trickster's Augmentation.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  5. Tarrin Augur

I guess I should have stated it in the original post. I am attempting to reliably and efficiently have a quad kite group of druids. I have a few friends and we are often on during nonpeak hours looking for something to do. They still need a bit of AAs. I am usually the kiter. Yeah, I get VoT when I can, but due to the whole reason we are doing this is that its nonpeak and not many people are on it is not always available.

Typically, I just start off, they come in later. They have to eventually slack up due to them getting more casts in vs me having to move to kite. When one does steal agro, it isn't always clean ( they get 1 or 2 of the 5 mobs ), and then that just destroys the whole goal of quad kiting. Ideally looking for an independent way to deal with it.

Edit: Must had missed reading over Glyph of Angry Thoughts. That is the only thing I've seen so far that may help when a SK/ENC isn't around for the buff. Thanks a ton for that.