Are there any Guilds on Coirnav that are guilds?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sooziechapstix, May 18, 2018.

1. sooziechapstix New Member

Guilds with leadership and members who group up and set out to accomplish tasks, grinding exp, items/armor quests...you know, guild stuff. Excluding the primary raid guilds, the guilds I talk to, don't. As much as they do, they are just 'replacement guild' where the best you get is someone in guild chats calls out a replacement for some camp their in. Or is this pretty much what EQ 2018 TLP is?
  2. Protagonist Tank

There are guilds like you describe. They're picky about newcomers - they're usually an established group of friends who play well together and only invite in new people after playing with them a bunch casually, as a non-recruitment thing.

The "I made a guild lol its family guild" that recruit anyone with a pulse? Yeah, they're just an LFG list that forces you to read another chat channel.
  3. Lumiens Augur

There is only so many people that still play EQ and a smaller percentage of that who specifically play on the TLP servers. Corinav was just too soon to release another new server, especially one without having a new and unique ruleset.

I think it's just that the bulk of all the established type of guilds are still playing on Phinny/Ragefire/Lockjaw/Agnarr and maybe only a few moved to play on Corinav.
  4. monkypowah Elder

lol no, on coirnav all you will find is 1 or 2 batphone type "guilds" i use that term loosely in their case because they really arent guilds in the traditional sense but rather lackee's helping a few manipulators farm a bunch of kronos. its especially bad on that server.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Simply not true, there is 1 guild that is arguably like that, however there's a dozen or more guilds that are killing content just fine and aren't engaged in that kind of behaviour.

Point to the dolly where the bad guild touched you.
  6. Risiko Augur

After playing this game for a decade and half, I can assure you of one thing... you are not looking for a guild, but rather you are looking for a group of friends.

That's all you need; three to five other people that you group with 90% of the time you are logged in to the game.

Guilds are typically a collection of 2 to 4 friend groups and then the rest of the guild. The more friend groups that a guild has, the stronger the bond is within the guild, and the longer the guild lasts.

So, my suggestion to you is create a lot of pick up groups, and make friends when you get someone in your pick up groups that you like playing with. Overtime those pick up groups will become a friend group, and then no matter what guild your group goes to, you will have a good time.

People make the mistake of thinking that joining a guild is going to magically get them steady groups. It just doesn't work that way most of the time. The burden is on you to make friends.
    Chatoyan and Sagarmatha like this.
  7. Dreven Lorekeeper

This is not a TLP thing, guilds that are little more than chatboxes have always existed.
    Only when you group up with regulars (pref. voice chat) you’ve seen what EQ is truly about.
  8. jeskola pheerie

I found the guild you are looking for!

[IMG]

Now you only need a time machine!
    discordkitty likes this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

You know Bill Workman was banging Kathy Kirby.
  10. Vadimity New Member

This is the most truthful statement I've read in a long time.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  11. Machentoo Augur

And neither was actually in the D&D club. They just told their parents that so they could hook up. "I'll be playing D&D tonight mom!"
    jeskola likes this.