Are rangers one of the least used class in EQ?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Panikker, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Panikker Elder

I don't see many rangers being played. Are they under represented at high levels? And if so why? Is there something wrong with the class? Boring perhaps? Just curious about why I don't see many of them.
  2. mackal Augur

They bring some sweet ADPS to a raid, so it is nice to have a few.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

How are you observing this? In pick up groups? From Magelo? All the Ranger mains are max AA by and large - it's still one of the easiest classes in EQ to level.

Most guilds carry 3 or 4 Rangers right now because our long term disc and scarlet cheetah fang shine in TBM raids.
  4. Panikker Elder

I log to my servers and simply look at the max levels and where are they...lol..rangers and bards show least..i think I just saw 9 in one server lol but that was a prog. server on others just saw about 14ish ..but not more than 20 at one time.
  5. josh Augur

I don't play a ranger, but they and bards are arguably the best dps classes in the game because of their adps. This is less true in groups and it makes it so their is a limit to how many you want in a raid. but going from 0 rangers to 1 ranger in a raid force makes a huge difference.

I don't think they are underrepresented, you were probably just checking at a bad time. I see 16, 105 rangers up on my server right now. But if they were underrepresented, it would probably be because people want to do the big numbers not help others do the big numbers. but they are definitely not useless. I'd be surprised if they were boring considering all the utility they have over other classes as well; roots, snares, headshot, weaponshield and whatnot.
  6. Greyvvolf Lorekeeper

Maybe they're using /role or /anon, or as others have pointed out, depends on when you catch them online. We field on average 4 rangers in raid with at least 1-3 on wait list to cycle in/out.