Are merc nukes knocking mobs back now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Natal, May 14, 2016.

1. Natal Augur

I have not played using my mercs for a week or so, but I ran a session today and noticed what to me is a major issue. It seems that every time they nuke they knock the mob back a bit, which means that they are constantly pushing it over my head or to the side. This is creating a big problem when it comes to positioning mobs.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this new?
  2. Nniki Augur

3. Natal Augur

They definitely have a knockback on their nukes now. I was running a group with a warrior/rogue/shaman as areal players, along with a cleric and two wizard mercs. The mercs were in balanced mode. The shaman pet was up, but not being used, so it was not the pet doing it. The rogue was alternating between melee on/off for various mobs, and the same thing was happening, so the rogue was not doing it. Likewise with the shaman, but since he was mostly using dots, he did not seem to be doing it.

When the mercs were in front of my warrior, and she held position, the mob would be knocked up to me and eventually over my head behind me. If the mercs were on the side, the mob would pushed around me. This was creating a lot of issues with fine positioning, with me having to fire my push/pull abilities as fast as they could refresh.

This change is going to make using mercs in situations were you don't want a lot of mob movement (in high density areas, or on walkways) very dangerous. Not to mention just plain annoying, since you constantly have to be trying to reposition the mob. Personally, annoying enough for me to not to want to play (in fact, both last night and this afternoon I logged out in frustration).

If player spells are doing the same thing it is going to be a huge issue on raids.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Thought I was seeing it before I caught this flu a few days ago. Will pay particular attention now though so thanks for the heads up.
  5. Rhodz Augur

No knock back at all at least from the mercs.