Are fellowships bugged?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Darakar, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Darakar Lorekeeper

Hello everybody,

I have recently returned to the game and have started a number of new characters. As I find it easier to get groups with one class vs. another one that I enjoy playing, I had a friend invite both of the characters into a Fellowship and then leave said fellowship, so I can share the experience between the two characters when necessary.

This has worked a number of times, but stopped working recently. I switch the experience sharing on and off depending on group setup and whether I want to share experience, but I have been in a number of groups now where I played for several hours on the high level character, with exactly 0 Vitality being produced for the lower level character, despite the Fellowship Window showing things correctly. The characters are now 15 levels apart, but the first time it stopped working, they were only about 10 levels apart. Originally, I thought the issue was that the higher level character was grouping with a character outside of the grouping range of the lower level one, but in a recent group where this was not the case I still did not get any vitality for the second character.

I have contacted the Support, who essentially told me they are sorry for my problem and to send in a bug report in game. Which apparently did nothing, either.

Does anybody else have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Does anybody else have this problem? Is there actually anything that can be done?

Cheers,

Dara
  2. Cadira Augur

In order for xp to be shared to the lower level character, the lower level has to be within the standard xp sharing range (half their level plus their level plus one > higher level characters level). As you probably already know your high level toon actively xping needs to have sharing on as well as the player you want to receive it.
  3. Darakar Lorekeeper

Yeah, I am aware. I checked the Fellowship window to make sure both were set as active. And the standard exp sharing range is 30 levels for them right now. I even turned sharing off a short time and back on during all these sessions. In all cases, I got double the exp during that time, because I was not sharing it, but nothing arrived at the other character. Half the experience just vanished.
  4. Cadira Augur

what is your level, your lower character's level, and any level of toons in the group at the time?
  5. Darakar Lorekeeper

Levels are 70 and 84, I have had the problem both in groups where I was grouping with a level 110 and when I was grouping with a max of level 90, when the higher character was still 75 and the lower was 67.
  6. libre New Member

I'm having the same issue.
    Most of the time when someone in fellowship hits sharing it says they are capped and won't let them get any shared exp while they are offline... despite having zero shared exp/vitality stored up. Only on rare occasion does it actually share. Some in my fellowship have been offline with sharing on for a few days and come back with zero green bar shared exp. I've tried changing fellowship leaders, toggling it with the leader, toggling it with the char itself, no luck... but then one day I will toggle it and magically it works... but only for maybe 1 toon. Then day after it isn't working again.
    Btw, all of the toons in question are lvl 115.
  7. Windance Augur

If I remember correctly the characters must be able to earn XP/AA. This means if they are either max AA or max XP or share caped then they will not generate an XP/AA for any one else.

Try dropping the 115s down to 90% XP and burn off their AA's.