Are exploits allowed now?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rage_Sk, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

LOL while you're at it create a report for posky which people have been corpse summoning so they don't need as many keys in for almost 2 decades now.
  2. Johnwick Augur

Your welcome, ive reported this issues multiple times across multiple TLP's , so i dont see this helping . but i am happy to help :)
  3. Johnwick Augur

Yeah, thats already fun as is .. having 4-6 clerics without a rez stick having to rez 40-60 people .... oh the ole days!
  4. Tyche Elder

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
  5. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

ya people want a truly classic experience, report the bug that there is no corpse retrieval and gear comes with you on death! =p
  6. Davo The Bard

Did this patch actually stop the exploiting of Emp is Ssra?

This posted 12 hours ago ... well after the patch to fix. Very obviously at the zone in ... have the exploiting guilds managed to find a loop hole already?

[IMG]
  7. Johnwick Augur

The Corpse trick should still work 100% because it had nothing to do with the recent patch.
    ( Requires a Resurrection Class to be Emperor Keyed )

Pet pulling / Taunt pulling / Wizard fire bolt through the floor have all been fixed to my knowledge.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

You'll know it's an exploit when you get banned for it. ;)
    Bobbybick, Johnwick and Ronzark like this.
  9. Johnwick Augur

If you read my replies , you would know that you can still bypass the keying process for this event, the fix only fixed the 3 gameplay mechanics that allowed you to pull him to the zone.

Ronzark : If it were cheating : Daybreak Games would have made this change before the server was released :
    This is not the first Time Locked Progression Server... ( i did not see you complaining or doing reports on Phinny when this was being done the EXACT same way )

Is Agnarr like a Snowflakes homeland?
    No-one cares about your feelings....
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Lets define cheating before we waste more posts.

In fact lets just forget the pseudo erudite hogwash and move on to the newest features since emp is tethered now.
    Johnwick likes this.
  11. Febb Augur

Daybreak suspends people all the time for exploiting. Hell they recently suspended a bunch of people on the live servers for exploiting a bug in instances that's been around for several expansions.

There are all kinds of old bugs in the game that people can use to gain an advantage. It doesn't mean that Daybreak doesn't consider what you are doing cheating. It just means they pick and choose what to spend their resources on.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

We play in game where there are doors with no keys (that cant be picked either)
    There are zones you can goto that agro has gone through the wall since launch yet no one has ever figured out a fix.
    If you pull another named through a wall casting a spell ... is that an exploit. no its game mechanics.

You have mobs that have weird pathing. get stuck behind closed gates and sometime underneath he world.

its not reasonable for people to stop and wait for a fix to get that content done when they coan coe up with an unorthodox solution to an unorthodox problems

as I said before. If the mobs in VT aren't supposed to be pulled out tof their room they have had 17 years to tether them. now you have a mechanic showing you that its not supposed to leave the room.

Judging from the exploit threads. the nerf this or nerf that thread we constantly see from Agnarr population it must e the most miserable petty obnoxious server in the game and I for one would never play there and I sincerely hope none of you bother to come to my server.

Ive seen multiple people mention things they have been penalized for yet they know those actions a in the referenced instances are a far cry from the what was happening with VT.

This game is PVE. Player vs Environment. poor game design and buggy content are part of the Environment.

pulling mobs out of their room isn't a major problem because when the mob dies.. it doesn't come back for a few days. static or instances.

Ultimately though DB enforces the rules and determine what behaviors and actions they taken actions on and what is reasonable

The complainers got the issue they had addressed. The mobs are leashed now. seems like a reasonable solution. so why keep finger pointing?
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

Was it fixed? do you really think this subject hasn't come out before . DO you think the tether fix wasn't available to them during those discussion.

This time though the Devs took the feedback and decided to take action. Tethering the mobs as they could have anytime in the last 17 years.

Now if guilds were using ta mechanic to rotate Instances to get multiple seru kills in a day

that's clearly an exploit and probably very actionable.

Thou shalt not circumvent timers
    Thou shall not spoof items
    those are the mainstays of GM action on accounts. everything else is situational.
  14. tuttles Augur

15. Rage_Sk Journeyman

Newish exploits are already being used on the emp event, It's pretty much the only thing guilds on agnarr can do. None of the mentioned ones so far, and still no one has been banned. No Dev post so we can only assume any exploit is fair game.
  16. Zolder New Member

I can confirm as of last night that the /corpse trick won't work into emp room.

We had somebody without a key who was below get summoned up into the room by one of the adds and was kicked to the Nexus soon afterwards.
  17. Xeris Augur

Ya unlike posky, in order to be in emp room you need a key. Anyone who doesn't have one gets kicked. Also, for anyone trying to get tethered mobs out of thir room in vt get death touched instantly, its pretty funny. Saw a cleric pull heal aggro and die immediately :d
  18. Rage_Sk Journeyman

Still waiting to hear from a dev on what the official stance is on this, if its free game on all exploits I would like to start working on all my free krono and duping that is still in the game and merchants that sell things for less then what they buy them at.
  19. Tornicade_IV Augur

What exploit are you referring to
    Duping items is surely not the same as pulling a mob out of a room.

as far as the emp goes. they have tethered the mobs and apparently added a dt... so how is this being exploited?

its amazing to call for people to be banned what was a known tactic that gms and guides have observed live in zones multiple time over the past 17 years yet no action was ever taken.
    through the original Eq and its countless progression server iterations

something that at any time could of been addressed if the need to address it was felt by a simple tethering of the mobs.

This wasn't a new bug that was being exploited or really a bug at all. The devs chose not to tether the mobs and they chose to leave them untethered.

now if c someone circumvents a mechanic to keep the mob in the room with something other than a fake wwall that only works on PC's and not PCs ( see countless outdoor zones in the game)

Then I am sure the gms would take action .

20. How Bazaar Lorekeeper

Our guild is currently investigating the "Make a small box out of his chamber walls and move him to the entrance" method. No tethering because he will think he's still in his room, and none of those pesky DT's either. I'll get back with our findings.