Are druids really so mediocre as they say ?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Dreven, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Draego Augur

Amen and /AGREED

Perfect summation, truly.

* One word of advice to our returning Druid however........ NEVER MGB Spirit of the Wood during a Raid..........unless you intend on dieing really, really (faster than the speed of light) fast. Did that once during a Raid when multiple groups were hurting ..... yeay me I saved the Raid temporarily (allowed a few clerics a couple of seconds to camp out) but my bloody, battered, beaten, bruised, corpse became a shining reminder to even the Tanks, that a single Druid could very easily take agro away from everyone.

What are you Lysdexic ??? Or just someone who needs to be added to ignore???

Lysdexia:
    [ lisˈdeksēə ]
    Noun
    1. a made-up term to describe those who try to intentionally act as if they suffer from the Real World condition Dyslexia.

Doesn't matter, the comment does come off offensively if you consider the fact that someone may never have seen Meet the Millers, so I agree Sindaiann just looks like a friggin tool. And before either of you, Kalipto or Sindaiann want to remark on that, let me paraphrase Sindaiann........

Like I care a ton about either of your opinions. And I don't need no stinking booze to drown my sorrows.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Draego there isn't anything in the spell data of spirit of the wood that would indicate it gives immense aggro, and anecdotal evidence: all of our druids mgb it without getting railed.

What may have happened is a tank d
    Had died and the next in line wasn't good? Or perhaps loose adds, and the buff aggro bumped you high enough to steal aggro (IIRC buff aggro is applied per person it lands on)
    Bolo likes this.
  3. Brohg Augur

The story includes clerics camping out, it was a cluster all around. There's nothing dangerous about MGB spirit of the wood. It was a stupid waste of the MGB button is all.
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Clearly you know nothing of sarcasm. Keep calling people names such as "tools" on the forums. Sure you'll end up with RadarX sending you a PM here shortly about forum guidelines and rules.

Have a good day!
  5. Draego Augur

Think about it, 6 groups or so, several characters all low on life and then 1 person throws an MGB ability that provides a HoT with DS component to everyone in effect. That many people all being buffed by 1 person 1 ability all at the same time, especially when I was down by about 50% myself; regardless that's a mess enough for anyone to try to keep agro.

Sorry I don't have raid parse data from 6 or 7 years ago, it's just my lack of being able to provide something that far back as supporting evidence, I guess, yeah right whatever.

First there's nothing stupid about a person trying to use an ability if there's even the slightest chance of keeping a raid from wiping, which definitely doesn't make it a waste.

Secondly, even 6 or 7 years ago I could easily name clerics and the guilds whose policies were "if the raid looks like its gonna wipe, specific clerics need to camp" during raids back then..... if it is done by today's standards I can tell you it wouldn't be tolerated. But oh well, cant change the past..... but originally this whole post was about a TLP server Druid if I remember correctly, so yeah I think my comments still apply.
  6. Draego Augur

Now look at who knows nothing about sarcasm.......................

I also guess you were never taught "if you don't have anything positive to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all"................ if you had practiced that to begin with you wouldn't be getting called out now would you. Oh that's right you will just go grab some booze and drown your own sorrows......................

Further, a veiled threat is still a threat.... so you may want to be expecting that PM yourself.

Have a good day, yourself!
  7. Ravengloome Augur

54 people getting Spirit of the Wood is somewhere around 21600 (400 hate per person). Buff aggro has a cap and Its 400 hate i am fairly certain.

In todays EQ thats not much at all, Considering a paladin (using that as a reference) can generate well over 50k hate (crush + force of Disruption * bold attacks) in .4s
  8. Draego Augur

Guess you ignored the point where I said this was 6 or 7 years back, but that's ok ... we are still talking about the issue in regards to the OP asking about a Druid and referring to a TLP. Also your math is a bit off 54 people x 400 = 21600.........but your post still shows 2760 from where I quoted it....

That's ok I forgive you for not keeping up with everyone else in regards to my response being to the OP and their original concern.....
  9. Ravengloome Augur

No I was replying to your blatantly wrong advice of not ever MGBing Spirit of the Wood.
  10. Draego Augur

Its not blatantly wrong in regards to a TLP server...... so it appears you choose to be blatantly ignorant to the original subject matter
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Druids should be using MGB Spirit of the Wood as the healing from that stacks with almost every other HoT out there so it will always be useful to have around. As for the agro issue you had 6 or 7 years ago a lot has changed with agro since then so there is no real reference to how the bad the agro would be on the progression servers these day and there will be no issue with it on a live server.
  12. Brohg Augur

There was no agro issue 6 or 7 years ago, there's no agro issue now, not on live or on prog or on octopus servers
  13. Draego Augur

Point taken and noted for Live servers, except none of my comments in regards to the subject apply to a Live server (at least not by today's standards) anyways, nor did I make that claim. And yes you have a point in regards to there being no real reference point for comparison in regards to a TLP since the issue did happen 6 or 7 years ago on a Live server. So then that must simply mean that the Tanks in that raid who were supposed to be controlling agro were all incompetent, especially since they all should have had Agro controlling abilities, even at that time.

However, and this is just conjecture, since the Tanks 6 or 7 years ago couldn't hold the agro then; some Druid MGBing Spirit of the Wood , say during the first planar raid on a TLP that just opens up PoP (since others have stated that was the first time it could be done), does need to worry about a similar situation possibly happening to them. Especially since Tanks during the PoP era definitely did not have the agro abilities of 6 or 7 years ago.

Since you must not have been there, you really can't verify this statement.

Since I made that original posting I have had a few people on the server that were in that raid all contact me and we have been joking about it. If they actually choose to speak up, fine, if not that's fine too....frankly I just no longer care.

And why even bother bringing up Octopus servers??? Everyone knows they are squishy.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is not about 6 or 7 years ago, the situation on the current TLP servers is different then the situation when you had agro issues and with the changes that have have happened you might have had no issues if they had been in place back then.

Something you should also remember is that a lot of the people who are saying the advice to not MGB Spirit of the Wood have been playing for a long time also and where likely playing in the era where you had issues and it seems that they did not have the same agro issues.

One thing you need to remember when it comes to agro with a MGB heal like that, it is more about when you cast the spell rather then if you cast the spell. If you cast it at a time when agro is all messed up such as when the raid is starting to wipe it is more likely that agro is not under control and there will be issues. However if you cast it before the trouble starts the tanks will still have solid agro and the issue wont happen.
  15. Draego Augur

Again, very valid points Waring, especially the last section.

Like I already admitted, by outlining the circumstances which lead to my characters bloody death 6 or 7 years ago, yes I cast the ability at probably the worst timing possible.

However, and I think logical people can agree, no one ever wants a raid to wipe especially the further into it you actually are.

All that I have really been saying, for our returning Druid, is that taking a desperate course of action can and usually does have dire consequences, especially when it catches everyone off guard. For me in this case, it permanently set me to never casting a MGB Spirit of the Wood during a raid ever again.

And in regards to all the changes that have been made, I still wouldn't put that much faith into how those changes may work on a TLP which is supposedly set to resemble the environment as it was during the correct era time period. So if the TLP's emulate the EQ environment when any expansion content was first released, then those tanking classes are not going to be any better equipped to handle mass agro issues than they were when the expansion was first released.
  16. Brohg Augur

I've been raiding in EverQuest on the highest level for over 15 years, since Velious. I missed ~1y in the middle, bridging the release of Veil of Alaris, but raided both HoT & VoA when they were current, on their respective sides of my hiatus.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I raided a druid from PoP - VoA.

Spirit of the Wood never caused any noticeable amount of aggro. We commonly used it in conjunction with Celestial Elixir on raids to counteract certain AEs or mechanics. From Elemental Planes in PoP to Sepulcher in VoA, this tactic was used without druids dying horrible deaths.

The only events where you did not want to cast MGB SotW were ones in which damage shields were penalized. Vishimtar being a prime example. If you used MGB SotW during Vishimtar, and it hits your SK offtanks, it caused the easy 100 HP mobs to despawn and respawn at mobs that hit for 2-3k, often wiping out your CC team. Due to this issue eventually the devs added on the Peaceful SotW AA which has no damage shield component. But honestly for the 3-4 EQ raids where this is an issue its not worth buying those AAs unless you have nothing else left.

Source: 1st hand experience from a long time raiding druid.
    Reht, Perplexed and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  18. Annastasya Augur

ignoring all the silliness in this thread. Druids are great. They can be the glue holding together a group. Crazy good utility. Reasonable dps. And they grow into their healing role to be perfectly capable main group healers by the mid levels. For several years i was in a raiding guild who's heal team for many nights looked like 3 clr 3 shm 5-7 druids. And the druid crew absolutely held their own keeping up tanks and OTs and dps groups alike.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Best thing they could do is do what EQ2 does. A detrimental spell cast on a friend lands on it's target. A beneficial spell cast on an enemy lands on it's target. Would save the ridiculous target swapping for a class that has a nice array of both bene and detri spells.

Tat