Are CSR tickets bugged?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Just_Another_SK, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Goranothos Augur

My condolences.

Back in 2003, I "quit" EQ and deleted my main, Goranothos, who was then max level. Several *months* later, I decided I wanted to come back and, of course, regretted the fact that I deleted my character. I put in a petition to SoE, asking politely if they could bring him back. A few days later, I got an e-mail stating that they had found him in an old backup and brought him back! He was brought back naked, no gear at all, but I was ok with that.

Guess that's the difference in CS between then and now.

I've "quit" EQ several times since then, but learned my lesson about never deleting characters.
  2. Yruc Augur

That sucks man sorry. If you decide to stay, hopefully you have a good guild who will help you get back to where you were quickly with power leveling and items and twinking.

Good luck and sorry.
  3. RadarX Augur

Ticket process time can vary based on our overall volume and when you file the ticket (The weekend for instance is higher volume). It's also dependent on the complexity of the issue you are petitioning for. Something like a purchase issue or a refund is pretty simple opposed to "Our guildhall has vanished" which requires significantly more time to investigate.
    Zaph likes this.
  4. Zaph Augur

yeh, about that, my guildhall is still vanished :)
  5. Anhari Augur

In IE, you have to right click on the Reply link on the quote you want to cite, and click on open in ne tab/window. You can then select all the text from the opening bracket ([) to the ending bracket (]) (quote to quote) then paste it into the edit box on the tread you are posting to.

On the other browsers, such as Firefox and Chrome, AFAIK simply clicking on the Reply link will quote the original post.
  6. EnchFWO Augur

Unless they [devs] intentionally deleted the code in the past few years (which is pretty much no chance), characters can absolutely 100% be restored.

Unfortunately OP, you got the worst GM. Literally anyone else and you'd probably have your toon back if it was a simple 'oops, deleted' scenario.

I suggest you reach out to our current game director, Holly, or our community relations director, Roshen, and send them your story. Holly [in the past] responds to 99% of non-stupid e-mails. She publicly posted her e-mail addy so it's not like it's harassment to contact her about this (unless you are crazy).

Outside of that, re-roll or stay away. That's the bottom line.
  7. Treiln Augur

When I quit playing the first go round, I never deleted any character or anything of the sort. Years had gone by, and never even thought about playing again. Then one day out of the blue decided to come back.

Couldn't remember anything about my old accounts, and all my secret question answers were bogus ones because I never thought I'd need them again. Had to start all over. But SoE CS tried to help walk me through everything. Tried remembering my character name/class/level. Came up blank :(

Most recent time I quit, I had a hard time convincing myself to quit. So I deleted any chars worth mentioning.....and here I am again :p starting all over again.

If you do re-roll, feel free to join up Xegony and if I'm around, I'll always be up to group. I have no issues starting a new toon if need be as well :)