Are Clerics Dead?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ankar, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Serriah_Test Augur

They used to be the healer of choice due to their long-cast, big, efficient heals. A tank would sit there and let the mob whack them down to 20% knowing that the cleric's big heal was incoming.

A few years later SOE decided that EQ needed to be more like Diablo ;)

SOE sped up the combat, but TIME is the only resource in EQ, so they quite literally reduced their available resources while doing it... and broke the entire game.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Nah clerics are still the healer of choice. But for the opposite reason massive amounts of expensive burst heals. It's very hard to die with a good cleric spamming burst heals. In total amount of potential heals in the smallest frame of time, they still dominate.
  3. Zujilli Elder

This thread makes me want to try a cleric. I am such an altoholic though, need to get another slot first. ;P
  4. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

is it better to group or molo on a cleric?
  5. Brohg Augur

Better for everyone in EverQuest to group, that way you can draw on the strengths of multiple classes. Mercenaries aren't, and ought never be, an alternative to competent players.
  6. Emphant Lorekeeper

I would never main a cleric if I wasn't going to raid with it...95% of the time a druid or shaman brings more to the group
  7. Roxxanna Augur

You should group, molo, and solo a cleric , a balance of all 3, if you really want to know your cleric, and what it can/can't do.
    dalead and Crystilla like this.
  8. Roxxanna Augur

Subjective, depends too much upon the player to make a blanket statement like that.