Are Beastlord Dicho spells doing anything?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by JacLuc, Jan 28, 2019.

1. JacLuc Lorekeeper

Was chatting with another Beastlord on my server about whether Dissident Fury 4 was worth using versus Dichotomic Fury 6. Looking the spell data, Diss 4 actually gives less mana and the same on everything else for a higher mana cost.

I decided to check them both on myself. So I took off all of my buffs and all of my equipment. I cast Dicho 6, looked at my stats, and nothing changed. No numbers moved except for losing the mana cost of the spell. Same thing on Diss 4, lost mana for the spell, but saw no numbers change from the buff.

Dicho 6 shows in the short buff window and says it increases hp by 11038, mana by 4012, and endurance by 117 upon landing, Should I see that reflected in my stats, or is that only for group members? Looking at my pet when it is cast, and his hp meter doesn't change either. ?So are these spells actually doing anything?
  2. Derka Power Ranger

If you were full hp you wouldn't see a gain. I believe the HME part is a heal because if you cast dicho with a GoM proc and aren't full mana, you gain a few %.
  3. Moldar Augur

Consider that HME as a heal for all, if your at 100% you will see no gains, but if you are at say 80 % HME you will see gains when you cast the spell (except for mana, but the mana cost is lessened because of the mana it returns back to you)

Most of the Dicho Vs Dissidents are as follows: Dicho 6 is going to be better more or less until Dissident Rank 5, meaning if you have the old rank 6 from raiding, until your character is full t2 raid flagged in TBL (and has the appropriate group progression done) you're not going to see any additional gains from Dissident for the increased cost.

OR in other Words:

Most Rank 4 Dissidents are exact copies of Dichotomic Rank 6 in power. Meaning Dissident ranks 1, 2 3, and 4 are less than or equal to Dichotomic Rank 6. However, Dissident Rank 5 and 6 are greater than Dichotomic Rank 6.

Compare below:

VS

VS

and

Here are the 2 spells to activate them:

5811 mana per Dichotomic @ RK. 6
    7081 mana per Dissident @ Rk. 6

The only difference between the 2 Rk 6 of each Dicho and Dissident is a slightly better heal (1087), endurance (-27), and mana (203) return and reduce damage shield taken by 4 points.

The biggest reasons for using Dichotomic are mostly for the Hundred Hand Effect, the Flurry effect, the Pet mods for Fluffy, none of which gets any better or worse with any of the ranks of Dicho or Dissident.

personally I would continue to use Dichotomic until they either put a level limit on it, or otherwise make it obsolete.
    Sancus likes this.
  4. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I just never noticed that it was a heal before. Just reading the spell description, I thought it meant it was an actual hme buff for the duration of the spell. When I didn't see any numbers change, I started wondering if the spell wasn't working at all. Hit the dummies for a minute and definitely saw it was working.