Archived EverQuest Forums

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Virrago, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Virrago Guest

Najeta and Cakvala like this.
  2. Cakvala Augur

Thank you!
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Can we get the ProSat 7 FAQ posts now please, being the old thread is now dead
    Yinnie the Pink and Diptera like this.
  4. bitefiends Elder

The PSB 7 faq thread does need to be reposted
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Thanks for holding them a bit
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm liking everything except for:
    fixed width / wasted space
    double spacing / wasted space

=)
  7. Seffrid New Member

Agreed.
  8. Neodraykl Elder

Would it be possible to archive ONLY the Support forums permanently? Sometimes issues creep up that can be solved by threads that are fairly old. Deleting them permanently seems like it would just invite more work for the TSR team.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Is there a particular reason the archived forums have lost all player signatures?
  10. Naugrin Augur

It's all a big loss, all the old lore posts made for some great reading.
  11. Hamlet New Member

12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I, too am archiving them. I had a little bit of a setback when I upset the Admin at my hosting company when I overloaded the shared server I am on, hehe.

I spent about half the day today setting up my own linux server, (a few hours isn't bad for someone who doesn't know Linux hardly at all imo), while the other half was spent with my sister, who just had a baby.

That said, I am back to copying the old forums, (ironically it should be -faster- using my own computer), and should be done within a day or two.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Without trying to put you down, have you not re-synchronized the board lately or something, because if you have, and you are only showing ~50k threads and ~650k posts, then I don't think you are close to being done.
  14. Dega Elder

Please repost the entire P7S1 thread, I find it hard to imagine you have forgotten about it
  15. Leerah Augur

Why can't I access this link?
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

17. JERUS Augur

Can we get a sticky on this?
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The forums have finally finished populating. I blame SoE for it taking 3 weeks.

I am now ensuring that everything worked properly, which should take a couple days. Once that is done, I will have it available for viewing.

Statistics for anyone interested:

Threads: 138,389 (I'm not sure if I trust this number yet, it might be counting some empty threads).
    Users: 52,123 (Note this only counts users that posted at least one time).
    Posts Per Day: 701.42
    Threads Per Day: 43.71
    Users Per Day: 16.46