Aradune with Kunark/Velious launch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ruiner, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Zinth Augur

must admit I don't care about the token, but I would much rather level in zome of the awesome lower level zones, but after 3 months of classic the main and all alts are like 50 with maxed exp
  2. Ruiner Elder

I understand people not wanting to skip classic but is that a realistic scenario? I've been on a velious private launch server and people did not skip classic. There will always be reasons to visit classic zones for manastones/de masks as well as just good exp. Planar raids will be done for a long time for Epic 1.0 drops if nothing else.

It seems like a win-win to me. The newcomers can still experience classic and the vets get a breath of fresh air with new low level content.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Maybe. I suspect it isn't a big number. Let's say 5,000 people start a server and by Kunark there are 2,500 left. Maybe 10% of those will want to race change? 250*25 = $6,250. Say I'm off by a factor of 5. That's still only $35k. It pays the light bill for a couple of months, sure. And a lot of those already have the Station Cash so no new revenue.
  4. BlingBling Journeyman

Although I do completely agree that we need a TLP to start in Kunark at least. For Aradune I think it is correct and in tribute to Brad to start from Classic (Would almost lobby for manastones and lustrous russet, haha).

At least we had selo's! haha I think there will be another one in the future that will start kunark or velious. But that could be 4-5 servers from now.