Aradune Update 6/10/20

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jun 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thygrym Elder

Not for long... many already have quit and many more are quitting as we speak. The game is now unplayable for many people because they can't even log in. This was the worse of the 2 options by far. Longer zone times and chat lag were nothing compared to 3+ hour queues.

It's 2020, if they haven't figured out how to run this game on decent hardware by now, they never will and so my sub has been permanently cancelled as of close to 2 weeks ago.
    Wwoody and Kastore like this.
  2. HolyHell New Member

I already cancelled mine this morning as I'm not going to wait 110m to get into the game. Honestly cancelling your sub its your best bet to get them off their butts and give us a real fix to this problem. Then I'd also file a charge back with your credit card company for not getting what you paid for. Not only will it hit them for the sub you paid but + $20 in charge back fees. What's crazy is I was about open another account to box with and pull the trigger on the $49 bag pack for them the day they dropped this "solution" so that's like $130 loss with one customer?
    Thygrym and Kastore like this.
  3. NormalStuff New Member

The issue is I work 730-4pm EST Monday through Friday. I get up at 5am and go to bed at 10pm. I take care of life things after work then try to get on around 7 for a few hours before bed. Right now I literally cannot play the game during the week and if I want to play on the weekend I have to sacrifice my mornings to make sure I am able to get on. I paid money for access to a game that I cannot access. I understand things need to be worked out but what am I supposed to do? Sacrifice my life to ensure I can play a game that I pay for a few hours when its not convenient for me? There has to be a better solution.
    loaks and Kastore like this.
  4. Otterley New Member

Yeah, something needs to be done, or I'm out too.
  5. Vlahkmaak Augur

Crowd fund a better server solution since management wont pay for one.
  6. Kaldaur Lorekeeper

Crashes when using advloot, then 130 minute queues to get back in because you couldn't design a grace period for ctd's.

You all should be ashamed.
  7. Vallic New Member

141 minute wait time for a dc... ill guess ill go get invested into another game then? 25% exp does not cut it at all, the issue is not fixed and we deserve a good amount of game time.
    loaks likes this.
  8. Thygrym Elder

141 minutes? Been letting my system run for 4 hours now and still haven't gotten in... said 105 mins when I started. Luckily I've had other stuff to do around the house. Just wanted to hang out with a few friends tonight but that appears to not be an option. DPG/DBG will never see another penny from me.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Longer zoning time and chat lag may be preferable to the expanded queue at this time.
  10. NeonTribez Journeyman

This will slowly just kill off the playerbase and it seems like that's the plan, only make hardcore people play and wait 3-4 hours, just to get a group and exp for 1-2 hours and maybe they wipe?
    Oh you want people to wait longer? I won't be logging out and I'll just keep a permanent spot. I am a hardcore player at times but for the casual player base, cya later. Lockjaw and phinny were good.
    20$ a month for this it quite greedy for this kind of service.

Also why are guild tags bugged, they were never bugged at all for the whole lifetime of the game.
  11. Vedarian Elder

The new changes have caused me to crash very quickly then I'm back in the long queues again. This is unplayable and I'm sad to say after several days of this, I'm looking for another game to play.
  12. Vedarian Elder

Also, I shouldn't have to mention this but ... you do know you can easily do a short-term lease for extra server space and bandwidth from companies like Google, right?
    They are specifically designed for this kind of thing.
    Whoever decided not to spend money on extra resources before launch should be demoted to feeding the server squirrels in the dungeons of Daybreak Castle.
  13. Hits New Member

Waited two and a half hours to get on, played for about an hour, just sitting there, regenerating HP, and boom, crash to desktop, wait time says 143 minutes...this is beyond ridiculous.
  14. Moeses New Member

Waited out the 120min queue last night. Friend hits me up, says come to lower guk. Zone in, crash. Haven’t really had the crashing problem before. Log back in, 25min queue now, not bad. Get to log in screen, hit enter world, crash. Shuts down computer, disappointed I just wasted 2 and a half hours for nothing.

Tonight I load up EQ. 148 minute queue! Shut down computer and go to bed.

Thanks for the faster zone times and exp bonus, NOT!
    MrOptimism457 likes this.
  15. MrOptimism457 New Member

Guys, please. I would expect this the first week or two, but we're into week three now. A majority of my sub was spent in queue. Is it even worth it to try and keep my sub running? Are we really waiting for players to leave to solve the population issues? Will anything even be done next week?

I've had fun playing as much as I have, and I've spent more than enough money to show my support for a game I grew up with, but I just don't have the time or motivation for this. My time would be much better spent doing literally anything else other than waiting to get kicked back to a queue.
  16. Aephex New Member

This is truly ridiculous. I'm in mountain time and have been awaiting this server. Since its launch I have barely been able to play due to cue times or server issues. Unfortunately since I have a job I have no hope of logging in after work as EST and CST have first crack. At least when the server was unstable I could get on for a while, but since the last fix, the cue time is longer than I am awake at night.
  17. Zapford Elder

Any improvements, or should I set my alarm for 330AM so I can play?
  18. Bannshee New Member

Perhaps we all need to file a complaint with the BBB and ask the California AG to investigate the company for false advertising, treating customers unequally, and refusing to fix the lemon server they sold us all on.
  19. Bannshee New Member

20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

From what I've heard, BBB may be a 'Pay-to-Play' organization. If you pay your dues (membership), they give you a pass.

Also, you can file any kind of complaint against a business (i.e. hackers complaining about a ban on EQ) and they get unfairly penalized out of context.

Sad, really.
    Skuz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.