<Aradune> - Thar Be Dargons! (All Hours / No DKP)

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by EQDude, May 23, 2020.

1. EQDude Elder

Thar Be Dargons - A no obligations guild.

What are we?
    A guild focused on having fun during our play time and preventing EQ from becoming a chore. We want members to enjoy their time no matter what play style they have. We understand life has other obligations and playtime can be shorter than you like, so our aim is to get guild groups together and maximize the time in game on what we enjoy most.

In discord we are a vibrant bunch and the filters are thin. Many of us have children, but I wouldn't invite mine to discord chat. We love to hang out, shoot the crap, and have a beer or two.

When are we?
    We have people that play during the morning and day, people that play EST evening-late nights, and people on the west coast who work graveyard shift. Regarding raid times the guild will be polled and decisions will be made as we approach the situation. One thing is certain: we will NOT have a static night/time, so if a specific time/date doesn’t work for you don’t worry.

What do we do differently?
    1. Absolutely no obligations: We will never force you to maintain a raid attendance, or get upset if you have alts in another guild or even if we are your "side-piece" so to speak. You will never be expected to show up to a raid or group, even if you are online. You can raid with another guild while we are raiding and no one will get their feelings hurt.

2. Easy-come Easy-go: Unless you've been removed from the guild, you are welcome to join. We follow a weed-out policy where anyone is welcome to invite their friends. If you leave, feel free to stay in the discord and don't be a stranger. If you want to come back, you are always welcome. Everyone is assumed to be cool until proven otherwise.

3. No-Shame: We don't shame people for "x/y/z" playstyle. Wanna solo level warrior with bandages only? Hey you only hurt yourself... Wanna box mage-mage? Please join my group...Wanna buy a bunch of krono and walk around in a peacock cosmetic suit? Do your thing booboo... Wanna role-play a naked greased up dwarf? Call me...

4. Raids: Our focus will primarily be on group-based content; however we will still raid. Our raid structure is much different to other guilds. We will have two types of raids: internal, and external. Internal only raids are used primarily when many guild members decide to collaborate to assist one another with gear or epic fights; the loot method will be a mixture of council and /random with certain items being spoken for at the start. External raids will be held fairly regularly. External raids will be open-platinum bid raids where any level capped character on the server is welcome to join. Loot will be open auctioned (to attending raid-members) with the highest bidder winning the item and the platinum being split among the entire raid afterward.

5. Utility & Transparency: Our web-app holds a public database where we enter every raid/transaction/item available for public utilization. Wondering how much you should bid on that chest-plate that just dropped in hate? Search for it in on our web-site and see how much the last guy who won it paid!

6. Passion: I've played on nearly every TLP since Fippy. Many of our guild leadership have been gaming together for 20+ years; Some of the best friends I've made have been through interactions with strangers around an online video game. I am passionate about making relationships through gaming and I love Everquest. Even if you quit playing on this TLP we hope you hang out and play other games with us in the future.

Sounds great, how do I sign up?
    Join our discord here https://discord.gg/NkwsAxz
    The website: https://tharbedargons.azurewebsites.net/

Our web app will be launched with the server. (Functionality for everything mentioned in this post is already built out and deployed, I'm working on additional goodies before launch).
  2. EQDude Elder