Aradune: seeking solid, legal afk deep ae

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rotlust, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Rotlust Augur

I've had several bad experiences with bad paid AE groups on Aradune and it's been frustrating. Does anyone have any recommendations for a provider who does a good, experienced job at this?

I'm only interested in paying with in game currency (plat or krono).
  2. Zinth Augur

why not just play the game? yeah I know what kind of thought is that! to actually PLAY a game you pay for... blasphemy
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I see .....content skippers.

Content skippers ....everywhere.
  4. topple good idea generator

I don't see anything wrong with content skippers.

When I decide for the 73rd time to totally-for-real-main a new toon, I want them up and running for raids or whatever purpose I want them for as fast as possible. If I have multiple toons on various accounts on the server already then I can just power level them myself. If not, I don't see an issue paying for a PL for either levels or to get a base amount of AA.

Now when that power leveling involves pooping on someone else's experience I can see it being looked down on.
  5. Machen New Member

You can't legally be afk receiving xp. Not under the current rules. Even if someone else is doing all the work, if you are benefitting you are supposed to be at the keyboard. What you are asking for doesn't exist.
    Skuz, jeskola and Duder like this.
  6. Hadce Cleric of Aradune

Correct.

And be aware that even if you aren't in a group where you've paid for a PL - just being in a group in a zone where those AFK PLs are regularly offered can get you suspended.

Happened to me yesterday - was in The Deep and actively playing / chatting / sitting at my computer and got "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED". I was suspended while playing and while not afk for being afk.

Play this game at your own risk - you may spend a krono or some of your own hard earned cash for gameplay time that you won't get to experience.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Sorry OP, not laughing at you specifically, just at the server. I knew when it got to the point that people needed plvls to catch up, there would be a grief. Karendune is, unfortunately, not geared to stop cheating, just geared to have reports abused so that people have to play the way a select few want them to and so that some of the worst types can take camps by getting people week long vacations.

Didn't they bring back the volunteer guide program too? If so, I'm sure that is a large part of what is being abused as it was always rife for problems.

I love EQ. It is the best MMO of all time. I know I can't ever 100% get back the nostalgia of the way it was originally. But I still enjoy it far more than any other MMO, including WoW classic. The thing is, with a game this old, you have to enjoy it warts and all. Some people would rather it have reconstructive surgery than just enjoy the game.
  8. Lejaun Augur

What is being abused with the guide program? They don’t have many abilities at all, and they are limited to pretty much just illusion and ornaments that offer no real benefits.
  9. AoEBox Elder

Likely that the guides are abusing the position they are in.
    One doesn't need to have any special abilities to abuse power but having ability to contact a GM or support person directly surely does increase said persons chances at having the issue addressed in a timely manner.
    Guides are a volunteer and should not be anywhere near a TLP server in my opinion.
  10. Lejaun Augur

They have almost nothing to do with GMs whatsoever, and do not have some special secret back channel to get special favors from.

Also, even if they did, they could do it on live servers as well.
  11. Quasimojo Elder

This topic seems equivalent to the OP asking for suggestions of good places to ride his moped.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

If it works anything at all like the original guide program, the guides see a lot of the petitions, look into them, and then escalate them to the GM level. As for them abusing stuff on live servers, I don't think live servers are an issue in any way as I don't think there is the competition and Karens on live servers that we get on TLPs.
  13. Zinth Augur

1. guides are not really if ever on TLP servers
    2. guides are extremely limited in what they are allowed to do (there are logs, you report in, if you accidently do something you fill out a report and it is looked into)
    3. guides do not have any "special sauce" over the GM's more the opposite, the only benefit is "usually but not guaranteed" free expansions for 1 account while you are active guide
    4. guides do not have a special tag on their player account that show they are guides and aren't really supposed to tell the GM's that in petitions (it can and will be punished)
    5. guides are not allowed to guide on the server they play on... EVER
    6. guides are volunteers
    7. guides don't really handle petitions anymore, it's more "fun events", cookies and milk kinda crap... it is WAY WAY long ago since guides handled petitions, showing up to help people with this n that and escalated petitions to GM's if there were stuff they could not or were not allowed to handle. there is /guidehelp command (unless it was removed recently) which most of the time is filled with miss tells from people trying to type /gu but typed /gui
    8. guides get a little gift for each year of service, which is pretty much just a token on their guide char, nothing to do with their playchar.
    9. guides got "increased" /played subtime on their playchar, which gave ALL Veteran AA's which were a benefit, which no longer matters since everyone gets it. Think mine is listed at like 68 years or so. Where realistically it would only be max around 22-23ish years.
    10. guides are ranked, but even the senior guides are NOT GM's, the difference is they get more responsibility and other guides "under" them. The higher the rank the more stuff they can do with illusions, buffs etc. etc.
  14. Lejaun Augur

It doesn't. Guides haven't had any power beyond running set scripts and giving out set rewards for almost 2 decades now. They don't have a single thing to do with petitions.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

That is a good thing at least. I still remember the guy who got the guide program canned. Summoned a bunch of players to VP and bound them there in a death loop. I think it was players from two rival guilds.