[Aradune/Rizlona] TSS Launch Conflicts with 24h Downtime

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Sythrak20 Elder

Had to LOL at this. Not everyone posts on that garbage tlp progress site. Riz is probably the most casual server to have ever existed. No one cares.
  2. Kubat Apprentice

Personally for me it is the planning and the time I am committing to the launch of a new expansion for our server. People take time off of work, rearrange their schedule with their family and friends. To ask that we at least have the day we are suppose to have a new expansion launch be timely doesn't seem like that much of an ask.

I think we all understand that sometimes there is an oversight on these things, especially as more progression servers get added, and I think it is perfectly acceptable to rely on the community to bring up their concerns when that does happen.

I know in the discord it was stated it Aradune/Rizlona launch couldn't be moved sooner, but there hasn't been any comment on any of the other proposed options. If we could at least get some information on if it is possible any of the suggestions on moving either our launch date or the server merger could happen so we can plan accordingly.
    Gheed likes this.
  3. Viceversa Elder

It's nice to see all the Aradune white knight forum warriors back in one thread, But please don't tell us we should be fine playing the way you are fine playing. If you and guild 101 are fine playing that way then great, But some people look forward to launches and the rush of them more then others.

Neither player is wrong just personal preference.

@DBG this is the second expansion in a row you are messing up for Aradune, Please do the right thing and change the server downtime to a later date. Does anyone even play on those servers anymore?

And on a second note can we talk about splitting patch days and launch days apart moving forward? From what I can tell there is zero reason for them to be on the same days.
    Senadin and Ishbu like this.
  4. Viceversa Elder

Lots of wrong information here but lets keep this thread on topic and not of PoR launch. don't get baited by trolls.
  5. Ishbu Augur

The only thing that could be wrong is that you and other guilds actually do care about who clears what first, so my bad if you do when I didnt think really any cared that much.

The rest is absolutely accurate.
    Senadin likes this.
  6. Viceversa Elder

Sure
  7. Ishbu Augur

Course correcting back to the issue at hand, there needs to be some sort of firm resolution for this, the sooner the better. People have to make plans or adjust plans and as subscribing customers, have a right to know when the expansion is actually launching.
  8. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

My bad guys, apparently I struck a nerve? Although, from your own admissions, getting those server firsts isn't as good for recruitment as someone else stated in this thread. Who knew? I didn't mean to disparage the great name of TEB or anything, just wanted to point out that the difference between 1st and 2nd place is not as wide a gap as someone else mentioned. you are right, it doesn't really matter, the fun is in the race, no matter who wins, most people have fun doing it.

The fact does still stand that you had just as many bodies in Theater of Blood as the 2nd place guild at launch, and they still got 5/6. Maybe a lot of them were boxes, I don't really know, but let's not worry about those details for right now.

As we know, by the end of this servers lifespan, most of us will be in the same guild, if we continue to play here. What is important is getting things like 24 hour downtimes on launch days and other failures of DPG to come to an end, for the overall health of the server. We are all going to have to get along eventually, for the better. No need for any 6am editing now :p
  9. Ishbu Augur

Everyone should stop caring about this thread and spend the next several pages congratulation McJumps for beating everquest's ultimate zone ToB, while taking advantage of horrible pathing that warps mobs from one end of the zone to the other.

(20 to 1 odds he has absolutely no idea what I mean by that or how its relevant to what he posted)
    Logulai likes this.
  10. Senadin Elder

Maybe i got no life but i booked time off for the actual launch on the 20th. I cancelled meetings i had on 20th and now i may have to cancel more meetings for the 21st. Why have a damn Calendar in place if you mess up conflicting scheduling???
  11. Grumpus New Member

Bump, this needs to be addressed by the devs soon so people can make plans
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is unlikely that anything is going to be changed at this point. I would plan on the server merge happening on that date.
  13. GamerGramps Journeyman

I, for one, couldn't care less about any guild's/server's race to complete the TSS content.

I work full-time, and I'm planning on taking off on the Thur and Fri after the launch to have fun and level up in TSS. If the launch won't happen until sometime Thur afternoon, then I won't need to take that day off.

Simple as that.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The patch is supposed to only last 24 hours at most so unless it was starting Wednesday afternoon your time it would be up before that.
    GamerGramps likes this.
  15. Maph Lorekeeper

it feels like aradune is always getting the short end of the stick, fixes are released until after they are out of the expansion, launches get pushed back so we stay in crappy expansions longer, now we get launches on 24hr downtime...this is great customer services DBG...real winners you got there
  16. Aziuno Augur

That's because Darkpaw don't care about Brad.
  17. Gheed Is not reading your response

We demand answers
    Maph likes this.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

I think its long past time to setup a GoFundMe to purchase DPG 3 to 6 calendars. Those big ones that are just giant white boards so they can plan 3 - 6 months in advance and catch these issues before they become a problem. (Also see timing of new tlp/ and M/T hitting oow as recent examples of their lack of any calendars)

Won't you help? Just pennies a day can help this corporation plan more then a day in advance! Won't someone think of the pixels.
  19. Maph Lorekeeper

where is the link?
  20. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

And what do you propose they use to write on said calendars? Their fingers?? Pens and pencils don't grow on trees!